1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New C owner

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by C me now, Apr 23, 2013.

1. C me now

C me now Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hello. Purchased my C last week and feel really good about the purchase. My first fill up netted a hand calculated solid 45 mpg with several miles over mountain roads. Still trying to figure out how to up my Eco score. I have not been able to stay consistent with the scoring.

2. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats! Don't obsess about the Eco score just yet. Enjoy your new car. The MPGs will start to climb as the car breaks in and you get used to it.

3. citroenjohn

citroenjohn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congratulations on your purchase. Actually I've found that the Eco score doesn't necessarily correlate to your MPG. Occasionally I have very good MPG, but, a fairly poor Eco score. There are several videos on Pulse and Glide (A driving technique) and driving a hybrid. Use the techniques suggested, when appropriate, and you will be amazed at the MPG you can achieve.

da chung likes this.
  4. minkus

minkus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I don't pay attention to the eco score - mainly the trip MPG and battery state at the start and end of the trip.

5. PFlat

PFlat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have now personally experienced the mpg's climbing as I near 10k miles. 45 is great but now I'm going up up up