1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new car, first post

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by paulg, May 25, 2005.

1. paulg

paulg New Member

I've been looking forward to joining the party, and, with my new silver BI arriving this past saturday, now I can. We have named it "Bobo" [don't ask - something to do with Mr. Burns from the Simpsons] and it's getting 46 miles to the gallon on the first tank in high 50s temps.

My wife and I are learning the ropes on best practices for acceleration, recharge, and the like, and I've already managed to stop staring constantly at the energy read-out. I feel like such a veteran.

This past semester, I got to teach environmental law at my old college, and in the process managed to line up 24 young future hybrid drivers. All they kept asking me is whether my Prius was in yet. I will have to send them a picture, now that the future has finally arrived.

Here's to ever greater numbers of clean-burning, comfortable-riding sleek-looking hybrids on our roads!

happy trails to you all,

paulg

Pound Ridge, NY

2. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations! I hope your new car is all and more than you expected it to be.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:c5781c39a6]And you know you're in the right place if any questions do come up! Congratulations![/font:c5781c39a6]

4. PaPrius

PaPrius Member

I love reading that an educated person considered all the options available, and purchased a Prius.

It wouldn't surprise me if the average IQ of a Prius owner is well above the norm. For that matter, I wonder how many educators own Priuses.

paulg, you've proven that you're a pretty smart individual, and I wish you the best of luck with your car!

5. Ormond

Ormond New Member

[​IMG]

Post your photo here too!!