1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New car programming - the features you want...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by rrolff, Apr 15, 2010.

1. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    This is a subject that has been run around, and really should be a sticky, but it gets lost, and my searches yield pieces - but little substance - so maybe it will get a better reception with a new start (??)

I'm taking delivery tomorrow - and looking for a nice list of the "things you want programmed" before delivery...

My list (and it is short - hopefully to get longer due to this thread).

1. Reverse backup beep - set to 0 (???)
    2 Seat belt (set to ???)
    3. Headlights turn off after car close (change to 0 from 30 secs)
    4. New smartkeys (little mention here- but you can get keys that work fine on Ebay for $50 delivered - you need to change the blank for the hard key - but it's not crazy necessary - this is your chance to get extra keys for almost free - since they're programming, it's another option). Since this is a replacement car (totaled last one), I have two extras that will work nicely. You can have a total of 4 keys for a car (from memory).
    5.???
    6.???

I keep seeing reverse beep posts and the like - it would be nice if the Mods would move one post up into its rightful spot... Or maybe it's there and I'm missing something...

1 person likes this.
  2. Jim05

Jim05 Occasional Quasi-Hypermiler

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    All doors unlock from from driver's door (SKS)

3. ProfPlum

ProfPlum Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You mean you want all the doors to unlock when you unlock the driver's door? You can fix this yourself - it's in the manual, but I'm at work and don't want to take the time to grab the manual and search for it. The instructions were clear enough for me to change it on mine.

4. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    2) Seat belt set to "beeping off" - just lights warning lights, if belts are not secured.
    Yes on the "one click opens all doors". I have the Karr security system so once I press the Power button, all doors lock anyway. I don't know if that's the way it works with the OEM system.
    You might ask the technician before taking delivery to go over how to get into "maintenance mode" You probably have the NAV screen, but see how it works and ask him to toggle to the 12 volt battery display. Ask what the threshold is for replacing it (e.g. volts at battery rested). That's good info for you to know as the car ages.

5. 91MR2turbo

91MR2turbo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I had *exactly* the same question last night and couldn't find one of the old threads with the list. I think the thing to do is go to the Owner's Manual download thread (search "2010 Prius Owner's Manual Available on PDF" - I'm new and can't post links) then look at the complete list of customizable features on pages 587-592. If the service tech won't sit with you to set these up maybe you can send a scan of the pages prior to delivery with the setting you want circled for each.