1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Credit Card Scam

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Feb 10, 2007.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    New???

You are making reference to an item that was first published in 2003 and most recently updated in September 2005. In case you have not noticed, it is now February 2007.

3. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Faking identity to gain trust has been around a bit longer than 2003. Most 'new' internet scams are old social engineering tactics. Which is why they should not work on people who remember games from pre-school.

4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I never heard of this one. Thanks for the heads up PG4!

5. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Feb 10 2007, 11:17 AM) [snapback]388028[/snapback]</div>
    OMG. IsrAmeriPrius, Why do you have to be SUCH a LITERALIST? I had never heard of the scam before yesterday and thought I would pass it on to the rest of you.. As I took a report on a similer case on Fri morning. Im sure you had not heard of it either or you would have posted it... :p ps heres some cheese with your wine. :rolleyes:

To everyone else:
    I did have an interesting case where the scammer got the victims bank account number, went to the bank turned in an empty envelope with I have $3500 deposited this morning on it . (the bank credits the account) Then the bad guy leaves and makes with-drawls from your banks nearest locations up to the $3500 in the same day which leaves your account - $3500..

Also:
    If you get things stolen from you, lawn equip, car part/ accessories, house hold merchandise/electronics besure to look on ebay & craigslist! ;)

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 10 2007, 10:07 AM) [snapback]388078[/snapback]</div>
    There is a difference between a new scam and a scam that you learned about years after it became prevalent.

The fact that you learned about it only yesterday does not speak well for your police department. Don't you receive ongoing training and briefings on the latest schemes that criminals use to defraud the public? One would think that law enforcement personnel should be on top of such scams well before they become wide spread and educate the public to such pitfalls, before they fall prey for them, not after numerous folks had already been victimized and years after the scam had become wide known all over the net. This is akin to locking the henhouse after the fox had already visited.