1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new decals and painted side mouldings from priuschat

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Paul R. Haller, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Paul R. Haller

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :) I ordered new painted side mouldings, vinyl matts, and black decals from the priuschat accessories store Friday August 4th. The decals and mouldings arrived in the mail today. I got home from work around 6 and by 8 they both were in place and they look great! I just folowed the directions included in both sets.
    I can't say enough about the decals and mouldings They add a degree of personalism to my brand new 06 flint mica green package 8 ride and makes it stand apart from all the other prius' on the road. My wife drives a salsa red 05 and we installed the white decals and painted side mouldings on her gorgeous flanks about a year ago. We are constantly asked about them and always refer people back here to buy them.

If you are contemplating this purchace or have not decided what to do but think your ride needs a face lift, dont delay! This will do it. I really like the decals. They add a sporty flair to the prius and the mouldings keep door dings at bay and with them painted to match they look factory. The ivory interior really benefits from the vinyl matts too. Your heels can realy mess up those light colored carpets. I especially like being able at a glance to know if that really is my car. Here, in the SF bay area, it seems every other person drives a hybrid. I work at Cal Berkeley and they are everywhere in Berkeley.

Thanks for great products at reasonable prices and the great service. :blink: Those 2 look so nice in the driveway side by side dressed in their mouldings and decals and I am always getting you must really like your hybrid from curious passers by. I just smugly smile and say yes, I do. B) B)
    -Paul R. Haller-

2. Dr Ed

Dr Ed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I ordered my decals before you, over a month ago, and still have not received them. Email inquiries are unanswered.

3. janice45

janice45 Dudley Girl

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Paul R. Haller @ Aug 15 2006, 03:50 AM) [snapback]303411[/snapback]</div>

4. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Ed @ Sep 2 2006, 01:37 AM) [snapback]312950[/snapback]</div>
    Not to make excuses for him, but I have been told Danny has had a lot on his plate and that is why the orders aren't being processed very fast. I had to wait also for my sun shade, shark fin antenna, and BT stiffening plate. But they eventually arrived.

5. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ajs @ Sep 2 2006, 08:27 AM) [snapback]313011[/snapback]</div>
    I've bought the sun shade and the stiffening plate through the Prius Chat accessory shop. These items aren't SUPPLIED by Danny; the orders are forwarded to the companies that make them. I got fairly quick acknowledgement from the third party sites that they had received the orders. My sun shade arrived fairly quickly, but the BT plate took about 6 weeks.

I don't know if the decals come directly from Danny or a third party.

6. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Danny told me in an email that he was waiting for a shipment of priuschat.com stickers to come in. That was about a month ago. I've been wating about 4 or so months now for mine. Not really a big deal for me to wait but I would like to advertise the site on my car. :D My brother picked up a vinyl cutter the other day for cheap and I'm going to make some stuff for my car. I might even make my own priuschat.com sticker. If I ever get the one from Danny I will hand it off for free to a local Prius driver if they would want it. :D

7. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a black Prius and I want to get the decals from PriusChat. I tried "adding to cart", but the link doesn't really work that way. Also, which color decals would look better on a black car? The choices are black, white and gray.

8. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Michgal007 @ Sep 30 2006, 09:10 AM) [snapback]325985[/snapback]</div>
    The store isn't working quite right after the hack. Wait a while and I'm sure he'll post a notice once it's fixed.

As for color, it just depends on how visible you want them to be. WHite would be most obvious, with black not obvious at all.

My car is silver, and I'll be ordering a grey one.

9. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I find my car in the parking lot with a "hybrid lightbulb" antenna topper.

I have the decals in gray on a black car. I have had many comments. The sevice guys at two different dealerships were interested.

10. prius2go

prius2go Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Michgal007 @ Sep 30 2006, 02:10 PM) [snapback]325985[/snapback]</div>
    I like the idea of black on black :rolleyes:

11. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius2go @ Sep 30 2006, 12:30 PM) [snapback]326044[/snapback]</div>
    Would it be visible then?

12. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have the reflective whites on my red car. Love them.

13. Paul R. Haller

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My wifes car, an O5 package 4 salsa red really looks quite good with white Hybrid decals. They really stand out on a red car! I, conversely, have the Silver Pine Mica 06 package 8. The light green metallic paint is very understated, not at all like the Salsa red which tends to shout rather then whisper. I have the black decals on the metallic light green Prius. I really like the understated elegance of the Silver Pine Mica and black decals now. It is subtle but very recognizable and I get comments all the time about the decals. I'll post pictures of both when I get a chance. The painted side body moldings offer some protection from door dings by careless drivers but I also think they add a bit of profile that the Prius side panels lack. They somehow make the car look more modern. Perhaps it is caused from us always seeing monster SUVs with heavy massive side moldings like on Yukon or Suburban.
    -Paul R. Haller-