1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New dude and Vyvyan

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by mrwhipple311, Apr 15, 2012.

1. mrwhipple311

mrwhipple311 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hello all,
    We have had a 2007 Cadillac CTS for the last few years; fun car to drive but feeling the pinch at the pump.With that in mind and needing the transmission service, coolant flush, new summer tires we decided to start looking. Being an IT geek, right side of the brain I spreadsheeted out the breakeven points of many cars and went to check them out. My wife has great posture (lucky me!) and has an issue with most cars "active headrests" which knocked out Honda and Hyundai as possibilities. We then went to check Toyota's offerings. The Prius console gets in the way very badly, could live with it but we don't want to. We checked the Camry hybrid; a nice car but way too beige (meaning boring) just very forgettable.
    We then saw a black V that we test drove. I had a black Subaru back in the 80's and swore I would never have another black car. My wife does not like dark interiors so we knew this would not be a possibility walking up to it. So we drive the car...
    If you are here you know how the V grabs you. It did for us. We fell in love quick... but we hate black cars and dark interiors. We get away from salesman and go check a couple of others - red/w gray and white w/bisque (which is our normal color combo). Those colors just don't work on the car. We have come to the dark side.

My wife went with the "V" name and decided to name the car Vyvyan which if you are a fan of the Young Ones you will get...If not, my apologies.

Anyway, Vyvyan is a 2012 V Five ATP. If you check Toyota Direct in Columbus Oh soon you can see it.

Cheers,
    Mike (aka MrWhipple)

2. plsinger

plsinger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Congrats ! ! ! As a a tech geek, you will become more and more enamored with the excellent engineering in your new Vyvyan.
    Enjoy!!