1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New elect. saw dead -- showed up by my wife

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Stevewoods, Aug 29, 2023.

1. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    A few days ago, at the end of the thread Battery Power for Lawn equipment -- is it time? | Page 41 | PriusChat

I wrote about using my nearly new battery chainsaw from Greenworks and how I am so super happy about how well it works.

Well, I using it last night and the darn thing stopped. Nothing. Sprocket would not rotate, of course it was making no noise.

Battery O.K. Pulled off the bar, cleaned everything. Still nothing, This morning I was outside getting ready to try to tear into it, even though I have no experience fixing electric power tools. Wife comes out and asks what I am doing today, I explain to her...She looks at the saw picks it up and yanks back on kickback lever. Problem solved.

My dad was a logger. Some 30? years ago I tried to teach wifey the basics of saw use, but she was not really interested and never has used a saw. Apparently she remembers the basics though, Was my face red?

And, I think, I almost think I heard a slight chuckle "come from above" and it suspiciously sounded like my dad.

Montgomery, xliderider, bisco and 2 others like this.
  2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    BTDT.....

When my sweet wife and I were dating, my 'oh-too-cool' 1994 Geo Metro XFi started making a funny noise.
    Actually?
    There wasn't much funny about it because at the time I was really PO (I couldn't even afford the "OR" to complete the sentence.)
    My sweetie listened for a bit and informed me that it sounded to her like a loose spark plug.
    I smiled and nodded in the way that all husbands and boyfriends do when their girls offer mechanical advice because I do my own maintenance and the dang car only HAD three plugs!
    I use a proper torque wrench instead of two pulls and a fart to tighten things up, and it had been MONTHS since I replaced them.

Sure enough..... :cautious:

The next day, she listened to me start the car and immediately noticed that the noise was gone.
    She looked at me and asked the obvious question, in the obvious way.....
    Thirty years later I'm grateful to a kind and merciful LORD that I just told the truth!

She hasn't reminded me of that incident since that long ago day......

....too many times..... ;)

3. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah, yesterday, me wife asked how the chainsaw was going....grrr:confused::confused::confused:

Quite nicely, thanks to her.....:D

Montgomery likes this.