1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New England?

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by hobbit, Aug 3, 2006.

1. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is it worth trying to pull together another New England area
    meet-up, or should we all just wait for Altwheels in September?
    _H*

2. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Guess not, then. Pity.
    _H*

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Had I not moved to FL, I would have gone!

:D

4. newbie2003

newbie2003 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hobbit @ Aug 3 2006, 07:38 PM) [snapback]297389[/snapback]</div>
    Sent you a post from a different forum - at AltWheels, do individual owners participate in the MOT to MIT drive on the Thursday? I'm working that afternoon - can't make that. Any Prii meet ups in connection with the weekend's events?

5. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think you have to be specifically signed up for the "caravan"
    thing. I'm not entirely sure. You should probably hit up the
    "info" address and ask...
    _H*

6. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'd be hip to a meeting. It was mentioned in another thread as well, but since you have a topic devoted to it, we can keep this one going.

I like Newbie's idea of trying to do a "fall colors" calendar shot, and might suggest Prospect Hill Park in Waltham as a nice picturesque location not too far from the city. There are some short, but cute hiking trails there too, and one or two spots for getting a nice view of the entire city.

7. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Is this thread worth a bump?

Any other NE folks interested? I guess AltWheels is coming right up though...

8. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    A New England Prius and other hybrids meet would be nice.Ive been looking but havnt seen anything so far.

9. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If there's ever a meeting, I'd be interested.

10. msnancy61

msnancy61 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Oct 1 2006, 11:37 PM) [snapback]326723[/snapback]</div>

I'd be interested too!

Hey New Englanders... Anything I should know about the Prius in winter?? How are the OEM tires in snow? Do I need to use an block heater? Any trouble starting on really cold mornings??

11. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hello MsNancy :) This will be my first winter with the prius and im not taking any chances.Shopping for 4 snowtires and rims,pretty hilly around here.I heard the tires that come with the prius are not so good in the snow.I too hope that us ct and local states can get together at a meet somewhere.Welcome to the prius world! Stan from Haddam Ct

12. msnancy61

msnancy61 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanlwyjohn @ Oct 6 2006, 10:31 PM) [snapback]329311[/snapback]</div>

Hi Stan :D
    Love to put a meet up together.. I see lots of Prius on the road around here..(what is the plural of Prius? Prii??) When did you get your car?? I just love mine.. few problems because I had a bad battery (not the hybrid part, thank goodness).. but problem solved and my car runs great. What kind of mileage are you getting in hilly Haddam? And, by the way, have you heard any reviews for the new Pirates operetta at the theatre near you?? Just wondering.

Nancy

13. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hello Nancy :) I got my prius back in june of this year at Toyota of Wallingford.I love the car also!so far i havent had no problems with it.At this moment im having my best mpg tankfull!Around 56mpg.I have learned to pulse and glide fairly well.Most of my driving is back roads with a 15 mile commute to my job in meriden ct.My parents live in newington!thats when i do most of the highway driving (rt9).I havent been to the goodspeed in a while,so not sure whats playing there right now.Simsbury is nice!I had a job up that way years ago.Take care! Keep in touch! Stan!