1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Entune Update (As of Aug 2016)

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by mark_amdg, Oct 2, 2016.

1. mark_amdg

mark_amdg Junior Member

Just a new update that I found for the Entune software (version 5.2.0).

Redirect To headUnits

2. gallde

gallde Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Didn't work in my 2012 PIP: The .ISO file is on the USB drive, and I followed the directions: Tuen on the car, turn on the radio, select the Apps screen, plug in the USB drive. All I get when I hit Apps is "Bluetooth error", which is normal if I don't have my phone with me. Also tried the "Apps" tab on the Audio screen, same error. The system sees the USB stick, since the "USB" tab highlights when i plug in the stick. (Of course, it says there is no music on the USB.) Are you sure this should work on the 2012 PIP?

3. mark_amdg

mark_amdg Junior Member

Yes! I have a 2012 PIP (but not the advanced edition). I upgraded from 3.2.0.

4. gallde

gallde Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Did you have your phone connected by BT when you updated?

5. horent135

horent135 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just updated mine, works perfectly fine. Make sure your usb is format to FAT16/32

6. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I think that this update is for the the Base, not the Advanced. They have completely different software.

7. srl99

srl99 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just updated my 2014 base PiP. I had trouble initially, probably a bad or very slow USB stick. I kept getting "Please Wait" on the screen for 40 minutes. I finally relented and wrote the software to a new(ish) USB stick, and was thoroughly relieved the update completed in the expected ~10 minutes.

I upgraded from 5.1 to 5.2.

Glad to cancel the service appointment I booked.

#7 srl99, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  8. Wolfie52

Wolfie52 Senior "Jr" Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I thought I started a thread about this, but I guess it didn't post... I came back from a long trip (8/1-8/23) and drove my car home from the airport...i noticed my "Slacker" and other Entune apps wouldn't work.

Thought it would be OK the next day. But No! I searched the Toyota website and found they had released a new Entune update dated 8/1. which I downloaded and installed the next day. It took about 5 minutes but did the job. I am registered with Toyota but was never notified about an update...

9. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize there was a new version of Entune. I haven't decided if I will do it myself or wait until my next oil change to have a dealership do it since I'm out of warranty in case anything goes wrong.

10. Ryambo8713

Ryambo8713 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The base PIP head unit will not read a usb drive that is above version 2.0 or format other than FAT

11. Henrietta

Henrietta Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I just got a 2012 used PIP advanced. Do I have to subscribe to Entune to have any apps work? Doesn't seem like it would be worth it.

12. Pluggo

Pluggo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    It's been 2 years, and I don't quite remember which apps worked without Entune, but here's my suggestion: enjoy what you already have for a week or two, then try Entune for a month and see how you like the added features. Cancel any time for a pro-rated refund if it doesn't suit you. It's not just the onboard apps, though, you might also consider the benefit of having a working Entune suite on your phone. Your car can send you messages for charging status like started, completed, interrupted. Compare your mileage to everyone else, and of course you get to call for emergency assistance at the push of a button.Weigh the benefits and cost against a AAA membership. I think the car may even call for help by itself if you can't.