1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Entune Update no long allows hotspot tethering

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by shrktank, Jul 1, 2012.

1. shrktank

shrktank New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello, I have been using my iphones "hotspot" to use the internet apps on my 2012 Prius without having to have the phone hooked into the cable. Works great!

However, I loaded the entunes update today. After updating I can no longer use the internet apps without hooking the phone into the USB cable. Bassdiclly when choosing an app it will come back indicating the Entune app is not connect.

The worst part is the cable has to be plugged into the USB port. Well I have a 16gb USB drive using this tp play my music.

Looks like tomorrow I will have to decide if I want to get the Samsung S 3 or just stick with a freaking cable for this new high tech stuff

2. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yikes! Thanks for the warning. I'll skip the "update". Hotspot hookup via Bluetooth is essential.

3. shrktank

shrktank New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    An update this morning....Went to vehicle and messed around some. I have it working now and I think here is the trick that did it:

When you are on the screen setting up the phone there is a "gear sprocket" icon next to the "Connect to Internet" option.
    I clicked on the "gear sprocket" icon and then went into the DUN/APN(I believe this is the correct acronyms) settings. I entered my hotspot name and the password to access the hotspot. I then entered my entune account data. I "enabled" the settings and it NOW WORKS!!!!

4. ProximalSuns

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks. Good to know it does work. Sounds like the upgrade wiped out the passwords. The hotspot makes the while thing work for an iPhone. Bluetooth is the only way to go vs. having to plug and unplug the USB.

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Bah! I tried to install the update that was uploaded by the Prius c guys and no dice. My stereo is stuck in software update mode. I guess I will have to stick with FM only until my flash drive gets here. Ugg :(

6. ProximalSuns

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What happens if you do a "Restore Factory Defaults"?

Curious in case my upgrade with the Toyota USB goes awry.

7. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm going to try that in the morning. Just installed the Nav bypass and I'm done with this car for the night. LOL

8. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I did the upgrade earlier today. I am still able to connect via BT, but am not using a hotspot (other than the normal connection out via the BT connected device). It ain't all that it's cracked up to be...(n)

Entune updates coming!! | PriusChat

9. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My flash drive came today. I drove all day with the screen flashing "software update mode. Please insert stick" and listening to FM because that is all it would let me do. After listening to "Call me Maybe" 15 times I got home and instead the flash drive. The upload proceeded without missing a beat. It competed and now everything works fine. I have not driven it again so I cannot comment on anything else. I hope the Connectivity issue is resolved or at least better.

10. ProximalSuns

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Tell me again what the upgrade does for us?

11. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It adds OpenTable, iHeartRadio and movieTickets.Com. It also add voice recognition for some apps like Pandora and OpenTable. Someone mentioned the "higher quality" function for Pandora will work better now too. I'll mess with it in the morning on my commute and get back to you. :)

12. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hmmmm. I already had these on my package initially. If these are added for those who did not have them previouly then that is a good thing. I use Pandora most, iHeart Radio just a couple of times so far. OpenTable works well (provided you are in a city with a lot of restaurants in their system), and I've even done the movieTickets.com.

13. ProximalSuns

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Traffic and Pandora for me. I might use iHeart radio but worlds best radio station, WXPN in Philadelphia is not on the list and I've got XM. I would be hoping more for upgrades to the software so things like Phonebook contact addresses worked in the Nav, a major annoying flaw.

14. Jordan M.

Jordan M. Jamman85

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    So, here's an interesting one: I've had my Prius 4 for three weeks. PRE UPDATE, I was able to stream everything over bluetooth via my iPhone 4S. If I plugged in the USB cable, I could seamlessly switch over to "ipod" cable mode and everything worked fine. The entune apps would load with the cable plugged in but were really hit or miss whether or not they would actually work. There seemed to be no predictors as to whether or not they would work. Now, POST UPDATE (updated on Saturday), the actual "ipod" wired functionality of the whole system doesn't work. I can still stream from apps over bluetooth but I can't get the car to actually recognize that my phone is plugged in at all. Not to mention that Entune now just flat out doesn't work in any capacity. Any thoughts?