1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New EPA ratings are out!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by David Beale, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I posted this over on Priusonline as well.

The new rating methods are out along with conversions for past vehicles. Just looked it up on the EPA site. For the 2007 Prius, it's estimated at 48 MPG city, 45 MPG highway. 46 MPG overall. That seems pretty much in line with what people are reporting. Some do better, some do worse. Seems fair to me.

For those who speak metric ;) it's 4.9 l/100 km city, 5.23 l/100 km highway, and 5.1 l/100 km overall. Yes, I got a little carried away with the decimal places.

I presume if the 2008 is unchanged it will show these numbers on the window sticker. If it's a new model with the new system, the numbers will be different.

It will be interesting to see if the stealers, er dealers, will still claim the ridiculous mileages they currently use. Heck, even Toyota claim 60 mpg in their adds on TV! Dealers here in Canada claim 70 MPG (imperial). <_<

2. IowaMINI

IowaMINI Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  3. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IowaMINI @ Feb 24 2007, 12:27 PM) [snapback]395847[/snapback]</div> The new ones seem about as off on the low side as the old ones were on the high side. I'm always in the mid 50's MPG-wise on my mixed-driving commute, and see in the high 40's on the highway.

4. allargon

allargon Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Feb 24 2007, 11:36 AM) [snapback]395852[/snapback]</div>
    Weird... For me the highway mileage is spot on even though I don't drive 55! :p The city driving is much, much lower. I average around 40mpg/tank according to the MFD. I don't complain. To me that's phenomenal real world mileage. The only thing that will beat the Pree is that overpriced, slow Smart ForTwo when it comes out next year.

5. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allargon @ Feb 24 2007, 12:43 PM) [snapback]395857[/snapback]</div>
    40 MPG in Austin? I'd have thought it'd do a little better, but there are a lot of hills and stuff, and you probably have to crank the AC a good six mos. of the year, but still, 40 seems low.

6. jendbbay

jendbbay Member

Our MPG is creeping up again, since it isn't so cold. We tend to drive either 35 mintues at a time or 60, and the average is pushing 47 MPG. That's pretty good considering that we go over a large hill and travel pretty fast while doing it. Its interesting to note that if I drive my husband's commute, I get 49.5 MPG, whereas he only gets 46.3. So, I guess he drives faster than I do.

I'm thrilled wtih the fuel economy and with the fact that we still have some perkiness when we need it. In my opinion, the estimates are only accurate, if people are taking shorter trips. I takes some time to bring up the initial 5 to 10 minutes of 25 MPG.

7. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.