1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Feature and first tank results

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PeeDeePrius, May 7, 2005.

1. PeeDeePrius

PeeDeePrius Junior Member

Greetings, all..

The "New Feature" is an odd one: I filled up for the first time yesterday and when I got back in the car the audio system was "stuck" at a low volume. I tried all of the first line things one would do; power cycle the audio system and the car (re-booted it, if you will..) All to no avail.

I had to make a fifteen minute trip to a nearby town where I powered down the can for about 20 minutes. Came back and all was well again. hmmmm.

I also noted that the three-band EQ was missing the mid-range slider. Odd, to say the least.

I figured that the "Nav Betty" was upset about my comments about her cluelessness and this was just payback. ANybody else ever had this happen?

First tank results:

Reached last winky-dot at 400 miles.
    Blinking last winky-dot at 440 miles.
    Refueled at 446 miles with 9.967 gal@$2.069/gal. Two "clicks" past auto shutoff by pump.

Indicated mileage = 46.5mpg.
    Gonkulated mileage = 44.747 mpg*
    * unknown how full dealer fill-up was.

Well, there you have it.

2. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I don't think that is a new feature. That is actually a bad sign. When people experience that, they usually need to go get it fixed with some TSB.

3. PeeDeePrius

PeeDeePrius Junior Member

Rut-Row, Rorge..

TSB? Hmmm. Hope it wouldn't need one, yet. It was made in late March and I bought it new, off the truck from the port 4/28/05.

I'm having it looked at Monday. Since it has "fixed itself" I doubt it they'll find anything...

I will have it check for TSBs. I'll hop over to Edmunds and see if any are applicable for the ought-fives..

.still think it's the Nav-Betty.