1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New front pads and discs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by puckdrop, Aug 18, 2012.

1. puckdrop

puckdrop Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I've been having the metalic sound for a few thousand miles now, so a few weeks ago, I pulled off the RH front wheel, to discover about 2mm of pad left.

Mileage on the car is now 115,000 miles, and this is confirmed in the service history as being the first pad/disc change.

I had the pads replaced, and the discs needed replacing too (corrosion) at the dealers yesterday. Fixed price servicing here in the UK. It may have been expensive compared to DIY (which I did on the last car), but I was sat in comfort, drinking coffee, watching TV, and doing some work on the laptop in the hour it took them to do the job :)

Oh, and I also saw the Prius + ( or V as you probably know it ) - looks very smart.

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm on my second set of front discs and third set of pads. Rumour had it that the European discs and pads were softer than the US version to give more 'bite', but perhaps my use pattern was just so bad that I wore them out so quickly.

I wonder if the gen3's are heavier on brakes since the recall?