1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Gen 3 owner

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusNP, Feb 27, 2014.

1. PriusNP

PriusNP Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi all

I have a gen 2. Love the car and have it still. It's a great car

Yesterday purchased a 2011 Gen 3 model
    And base model no Bluetooth or jbl. My wife did not like the factory Nav

The guy I bought from did not no anything about car. Had checked out and all ear so I bought it no manual either. I'm happy just need help from the forum i would greatly appreciate it.

I have a factory sticker on window label
    Of VIP Toyota remote start

How can I confirm?

Or sequence to remote start?

Planning on adding rosen Nav. I like that it looks factory. Any opinion? I'm looking for factory look and on ebay there about $399 so it's a good price.

I drive to city and park outside and if I get something like kenwood or alpine etc I don't want to come back and find new toys gone. Factory look will be a safer bet

Also looking for upgrade to foglight for added visibility find halogen but do led light up as good? Where are best source to buy one

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y)

3. magnumrtawd

magnumrtawd Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Factory remote start on our 2012 Camry is activated by pressing lock button on remote 3 times quickly and holding it down on the last push until the lights start to flash. The engine will start and run until you open the doors. Or 5 minutes. which ever comes first.