1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new guy, figured I would post my mod list

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by 1fastprius, Jul 25, 2008.

1. 1fastprius

1fastprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    so I got the car about 9 months ago. it was my mom's car, but she bought a f-250. I had a civic which I loved, but it got totalled in a wreck, so I inherited the Prius. I loved the civic, and I love modding cars, so it didn't take me long to start modding this thing. I custom made a cold air intake. I put on an apc muffler that I clamped on myself. Installed some new light bulbs (the kind that look like HID's. I'm broke so can't afford those yet). And next I think I am going to find some rims, and probably cut my springs to lower it a bit. It sounds great! I love loud cars.

Now I am trying to figure out how a spoiler would look on it. I am on campus right now, and my digital camera is broken, but hopefully I can borrow a friend's and post some pics this weekend.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! You just "riced" out a Prius. lol

Seriously though, if you like it then that is all that matters. :D

3. 1fastprius

1fastprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    ahh. I almost forgot the sound. I have a cd/dvd player with a flipout monitor, and a 12" kicker powered by a 1200 watt kenwood amp

4. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

If you tell me the model# on the Kenwood amp I can tell you the actual RMS output it is rated for. This will help you in the future so you don't confuse it with a true 1200 watt (RMS) amplifier. Many people do that and they end up "blowing" up equipment because they mismatched components. :)

5. 1fastprius

1fastprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    it's 600 watts rms. the sub can withstand 600 watts rms at 2 ohms, which is what I have it wired for

6. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Then I assume you have the eXcelon KAC-X10D. It's a nice amp. Good purchase. :)

7. 1fastprius

1fastprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    this guy is good

8. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have 2 jobs, one of which is selling car audio. :) It truely is a good amp with a good warranty. :)

9. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I remember right out of high school (1994) I foolishly dumped part of my college student loan money on 6 high-end Kenwood speakers for my car. At the time I wanted Kenwood because I had good luck with my Kenwood home system. I rolled in there, found the most expensive speakers Kenwood made that fit in the stock locations (with an exception for the tweaters) and plopped down the cash. The guy at the audio store said nothing about my relatively cheap stereo being able to push these high end speakers. They installed it, and I was thoroughly disappointed.

In another vehicle I did pretty much the same thing except I bought a amp that "looked cool" and had it installed in a vehicle that had after market speakers, although I didn't know what brand (or specs) they were at the time I purchased the amp. I was once again disappointed.

To get back to your comment.... I wish I had someone handing out advice when I was young and buying equipment. :D

10. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been down that road as well so I try to help people out so they don't experience what we went through and waste time and money (which is actually more time). :) Thanks! :D

11. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I advise that you don't cut the springs. Get proper lowering springs that have the right stiffness. The stock springs on the Prius are pretty squishy, already. I can, almost, guarantee there'll be major scraping action, if you cut the springs.

12. Stefx

Stefx Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    No "2 Fast 4 Prius" sticker?

13. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Clamping some after market muffler on to the Prius makes it sound like what????? a Briggs & Stratton 5 HP lawnmower? Seriously unless you have some serious HP and a good exhaust system to match to it, it likely sounds like some fart can exhaust which will irritate everyone (including the local police) and may result in the police introducing themselves in the most formal of ways. Good luck with that. I do by the way support your modding the car, just do it in a way which actually improves the car and keeps the cops out of your life.

14. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Joke: thats what stealth mode is for, to make your getaway while your trail goes cold :p

15. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    First, I have to say that I'm with Cairo on constructive modifications of the Prius. Please don't cut your springs. Does the CAI make a difference?

However: This appears in the manual of the new GT-R (R35). It looks like we need one for the Prius as well.

Do not rice out your GT-R:

[​IMG]