1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New guy from SoCal

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Delux, May 30, 2012.

1. Delux

Delux Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey everyone!!
    Just wanted to stop in and say I have been poking around here for a couple months now doing my research on the Gen III Prius. I finally got mine on 5/26/2012! and for the last 4 days ive been on cloud 9!! I cant believe how much I love this car.

A little about me, I have been into trucks, horsepower and who's is the loudest since I was 16. Well, I got tired of spending $600 a month on gas so late last year I started taking to bus to work while I was trying to find a buyer. I have been in the auto enthusiast forums since 2000 so im not new to the online game. I have got 2 little ones, my daughter is 3 and the boy is almost 1. Another great reason to ditch the truck for something I can actually drive and go places in.

I am coming from a 2005 F150 that averaged about 14mpg's...... yikes!
    I picked up a 2012 Prius Two that I practically stole from the dealer over memorial weekend. Following day I took it to get the tint done, next I am thinking about either pulling off the hubcaps to expose the black wwheels or looking into new wheels, then I am going to upgrade the audio and im all set.....at least until I see something else I want; this of course is once I get it approved from the wife......dammit.

f150 2.jpg

2012-05-27T13-45-52_3 - resize.jpg

I look forward to learning more about this car and loving it more than I already do!

2. wotcher

wotcher Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    congrats. great choice on color.

i recommend reading the threads on how to max your mpg (pulse, glide, etc.. cant find the link to the youtube video). you can either drive the prius like a normal and get 40mpg or use prius driving techniques to get 50+mpg.

some useful mods (check out the gen3 mods section):
    horn upgrade <$30. turns your whimpy prius oem horn into a normal sounding horn
    jdm turn signal mirrors $150 + cost of install/self install. very nice feature
    lowering springs
    trd rear sway bar

other mods
    body side moldings
    hid?
    jdm leather steering wheel
    valenti tail lights

better not visit that gen 3 mods section. otherwise you might get in trouble with wife.

3. Delux

Delux Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks! Shes knows I like to change everything when I buy it so she wont be surprised haha
    First thing im going to do is figure out a way to turn off all the obnoxious beeps, it seems like the dealer has to do most/all of them for me :(

4. bielinsk

bielinsk Gremlin

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I am not sure the differences, but I just bought a PHEV Advanced and I am floored at the quality of the sound system. Very loud and clear. Yes, I could see the argument for adding in a sub to boost the base a little, but I am extremely satisfied with the stock system.

5. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome aboard!

Understand your excitement over the Prius. I have had mine for just over 3 months now, and the excitement hasn't ended as of yet for me.

Think about joining us over on Fuelly to track your gas savings.