1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New guy saying hello

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by w84me, Mar 25, 2015.

1. w84me

w84me Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Don't know where the newbie introduction thread is (so feel free to move) but i'm just stopping in. Short time lurker turned owner as of 3/23/15. Got a new Nautical Blue Prius Two, not II, and have been really impressed. I'm coming from a Sentra that i've owned since new (2003) and hope to get just as many years out of this car. The power in the Prius is lacking but that's not why I bought. If i wanna go fast, i'll ride my bike.

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think if you are coming from a 2003 Sentra? It's all good.

You are correct that speed is not a primary attribute of the Prius, but I think it compares admirably against any 4 cylinder engine vehicle. I would say The Prius feels more powerful than my 2010 Honda Fit did, but perhaps not as agile or "quick".

3. w84me

w84me Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    yea the car has enough to get it going and that's all i really need it to do. it's basically doubled my mpg which is amazing. i tell my wife every day how much mpg i got on the way to work.

4. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings and Welcome Aboard!

5. YBLee

YBLee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Welcome. I think you'll find after a while you'll begin to drive differently but still get from point A to B without holding back traffic. When I first started driving my 2006 in 2006, I was coming off an Odyssey and 80 MPH typical commute. The mileage was not what I expected but after watching the indicators and anticipating slow-downs and stops, my MPG increased by 15'ish%. I started to apply the same style to my Odyssey and improved it's mileage as well, all without ticking off people around me. Best of luck and enjoy. It was one of the best purchases I've made. Now with 189K.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y)