1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Guy To Forums

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by 2jzprius, Jul 21, 2008.

1. 2jzprius

2jzprius New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hey everyone. I am new to these forums. I own a 2005 Prius that I bought salvaged. I got it running recently - and I like the car itself. The only reason I bought it is because it will be the ultimate sleeper car. I am planning to swap a 2jz-GTTE from a Supra which I also bought salvaged. The Supra is completely totaled, only the front clip was good.

Also is it possible for me to get some leather seats, because this Toyota interior is really crappy. I like the seats from an Evolution IX.

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Welcome to PriusChat 2jzprius . . .

and keep us informed of your progress on your conversion.

Although, do realize, many of the folks here on PriusChat, me included, think you are actually doing a downgrade. ;)

3. 2jzprius

2jzprius New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Well I am working on getting the drivetrain out of the Supra - then I will scrap the body. I don't really care about gas mileage. I wanted to build a sleeper, and I thought of a Prius. Nobody will see it coming! I know this is going to be a really hard job to pull though, because the Prius has all these generators and stuff.... If I can't get the motor to fit in the front end, I might just put it in the rear.

4. KayakerNC

KayakerNC Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Gonna need to string some extra lights under that bridge.

5. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    this must be the most useless conversion in history

6. 2jzprius

2jzprius New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Not really statultra, once I get this car running I plan on taking it to the street races. I am sure everybody is going to laugh at me, but once I race them for pinks I'll be the one laughing.

Hopefully this project will not require too much fabrication, which I am sure it will need. I have to strip the Prius completely down and see how it looks.

I already set out a set of seats to be re-wrapped. Awaiting them to be returned.

7. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    LED conversion?

8. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :welcome: Welcome to Priuschat, 2jzprius. Please take pictures if you can. I think it would be very interesting to see where you go with this.

Considering the name of this thread, you might want to start a new one specifically chronicling your conversion.

9. kazots

kazots LifesaBeach

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Different strokes for different folks.

10. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Well . . . if that's the case . . . I'm gonna nominate this tread for a TOTM award.

I guess it really is 'dif-ent strokz'. :)

Give the guy a chance . . . it may turn out to be one of the most interesting threads ever. ;)

11. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    "I already set out a set of seats to be re-wrapped. Awaiting them to be returned."

If I was going to do a major engine swap, the seats are the first place I would start too. Good thinking.

12. Dipena

Dipena Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I hope my 17 year old daughter doesn't see your post. She is MAD because I won't buy her a car.

13. playhavoc

playhavoc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    i dont know how much youve got tied up in the prius, but if youve got it running why dont you just sell it. even salvaged prius are getting pretty good money. then you can get a yaris (salvaged or not) and have an easier swap than if you have to gut the prius. it will probably save you alot of time not having to deal with all of the electronics and it will still be more than unsuspecting. i seriously doubt that anyone is going to run for pinks withoutlooking under the hood, but if you can get someone to race for pinks without them looking under the hood or into the car then that sucker deserves to have his car taken.