1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new guy

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Prius Fan, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Prius Fan

Prius Fan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hey guys

I am new here. I went to the dealer today and checked out a nice used 07 they had. I didn't get a chance to drive it but I gave it the once over.
    I used to have a Yaris hatch and it did not have enough storage room. I traded it for something else and now I am looking into hybrids.

I plan on checking out all the usual suspects. Prius, Civic, Escape. I am not a fan of the Escape but I will check it out. The Civic is pretty bland and blends in and the Prius makes a pretty bold statement since everyone knows what it is.

I would love to see GM come out with a nice compact plug in hybrid. They could use the help, but I doubt we will see something like that in the near future.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :welcome: Welcome to PriusChat!
    Of course, most of us are a little biased but we usually take pride in making sure that if someone's not right for the Prius (or vice versa) we make it clear. We have, in the past, flat out told people to not buy the Prius based on their need, driving conditions, and incentive.

Make sure you do some fair comparisons. For example, the battery-only driving style of the Prius makes it really good for city driving whereas the Civic's engine will always run when the wheels are turning. For long highway driving, the Civic might be a better vehicle. If storage is your primary requirement - as you mentioned with the Yaris - the Prius' hatchback and folding seats is a huge advantage.

So please feel free to ask all sorts of questions and we'll do our best to provide up-front, honest answers.

3. spitinuri

spitinuri Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I work in sales. Many of my coworkers are buying Mazda 9's, Mazda 7's, and any SUV they can find. I bought a Prius. There is plenty of storage. There is a threat floating around that shows just how much you can get in a Prius. It is absolutely the best combination of storage and gas mileage out there. I'm getting 50+ mpg hauling my gear they are getting 20+ mpg. We both get reimbursed for our mileage, in addition to our car allowance. Who takes home more money? Even capitalist can make good with this vehicle. Test drive one and be sure and put what every you think you might haul inside. It will surprise you.

4. spitinuri

spitinuri Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    revised

5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :welcome: Welcome to PriusChat Prius Fan! Actually, most of us here are Prius fans. As the big green guy said, sometimes a Prius isn't the right car. Many very tall people find the driver's seat unbearably uncomfortable, depending on how they are tall, legs or torso. For others, it's no big deal. You really need to take a test drive, better yet, an extended test drive.

Good luck on finding the right car. If it's a Prius, you've already found the right place for as much information as you could want.