1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New here, happy v owner since Dec

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by flmedicmom, Feb 23, 2012.

1. flmedicmom

flmedicmom New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone!

We purchased our Prius v in Decmber after much debate between the v and Jetta Sportwagen TDI (upgrading from 2006 CRV). For the most part we were looking for cargo space and the crossover SUV's that offered similar space were too pricy and had pretty poor fuel efficiency. Ultimately I sat higher in the v and had better visiblity than the jetta so we took the plunge and couldn't be happier.

I travel for work and carry heavy medical equipment on a regular basis and when not working cart a 9 year old and two big dogs around. We have more than enough room and I am still maintaining good mpg even loaded down.

We decided to add aftermarket leather and tint at time of purchase (the fabric would last about 30 sec. in my house), with that included we paid 27,190 for the base model. We would have liked the sunroof but frankly did not want all the extra electronic stuff.

We were just in for our 5,000 mile service and right now are averaging about 44mpg mixed but heavy on the highway driving. Heavy South florida traffic, flat roads and temps have been in the hight 70's low 80's (soon to be 90's I'm sure). So at 44 mpg and gas running 3.82 a gallon here I think we made the right choice!

2. Priuswagon

Priuswagon I love my Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I was thinking of adding leather to my V too. I just passed 5,000 miles last week. When I drove home from the dealer I had 49mpg. Now half a tank through I am 45 mpg which is really good for cool weather in Seattle. I bought gas at Costco for 3.39 not sure what it is today.

3. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'd be interested to hear how this works out. The v3 has cloth and the spouse would prefer leather or leather substitute. Overall we are very happy with our purchase so far. Both averaging in the mid to low 40s by the computer in cold northern winters. We will hand calculate to compare at fill ups. Looking forward to more when it finally warms up. W

4. flmedicmom

flmedicmom New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    We are very happy with the way our leather, we have the ribbon blue v w/ tan interior- we had "factory match" tan leather put in and we think greatly improved the look of the interior. The "leatherette" was not available in the base model and the real leather just looked better to us.

5. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Was it an upholstery shop that created the seat covers? I've never considered this endeavor so I'm completely clueless. Nice color choice! :) I've got dark gray interior though. Honestly I think I'd prefer either to the leatherette. I worry what big dog nails will do to it over time. W

6. flmedicmom

flmedicmom New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Our Toyota dealer has used this leather guy for quite some time, they had a couple used cars on the lot that had work done by them that we looked at. They have a "kit" for each style car. We knew the upholstery would not hold up and the leatherette was not available and toyota took care of everthing so it was an easy choice. I'll try and post some pictures.

7. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    OP, is that average at the pump or on the car's display?

8. flmedicmom

flmedicmom New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    from the display, but pretty close to actual. Lost track of actual due to some lost recipts. So have to recalculate but at last check actual was 44.2.