1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New here, Have a few audio/nav questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by andino, Jul 15, 2009.

1. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi all! I'm new to the Prius boards :). I'm looking into getting a gen2 base model for a DD and had a few questions. I did a search and it didn't bring anything up on the idea that I had. Maybe I'm just not searching the right terms.

Anyways, I read through some threads on possible converting a Non-nav version to Nav and it's just out of the question. So I'm wondering if I can use the OEM screen in conjunction with a carpc to add navigation and BT access for my phone?

And then would I be able to use a crossover unit to convert the analog signal to a digital one to run to some amps for new comps and possible a small 8" or 10" woofer in the trunk.

Would either of these be possible to do without interfering with the hybrid technology? I have experience working with some electronics and etc since I modified my previous car a lot. I got bit by the mod bug pretty hard so I'm hoping I can mod this car a little bit until I can save up the cash to pick up a fun car haha.

If anyone is interested, this was my previous ownership that I got into an accident with coming home from a camping trip :(

2. busu

busu New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm also interested in finding out why there is so much difference between the Nav and non-Nav cars, and when did the MFD go from analog to digital. How do we find out if we have digital or analog screens? Is it NAV dependent?

3. nveprius

nveprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I too am interested... I recently purchased an '04, non-nav, non-jbl Prius, and was looking into possibly integrating nav but would really like to get an iphone/itouch to play music, and show videos on the factory mfd. As a bonus, I would like to use the touchscreen on the mfd to control the music, or at least use the steering wheel controls to control the volume and/or music selections. Is this possible? and if so, how?