1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New here I have an 08 prius red red car vsc no check engine no codes--I have replaced 12v battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 08jcc, Jul 28, 2020.

1. 08jcc

08jcc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    New here I have an 08 prius red red car with exclamation vsc no check engine no codes --I've replaced 12v12v battery inverter pump auxiliary pump water control valve new antifreeze keeps doing the same thing--thanks in advance

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

You may need to upgrade your OBD2 code reader with something that is more hybrid compatible.

Many prefer to use a 'mini-vci' cable and a copy of techstream (dealer tech software). and others get by with just a OBD2 bluetooth adapter and an App like Dr Prius. Use this link to pick a decent obd2 adapter : Hybrid battery diagnostic and repair tool for Toyota and Lexus

If you have warning lights on the dash then you will generally have stored OBD2 codes (DTCs), which device are you currently using?

Raytheeagle and PriusCamper like this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Gotta read the error codes and subcodes... Most code readers don't read Prius Sub codes... You can buy a mini-VCI dongle for $25 and run Toyota Techstream on an old windows computer, or you can use Dr. Prius App via bluetooth OBD2 reader. Here's buyer's guide: Hybrid battery diagnostic and repair tool for Toyota and Lexus

blaisep likes this.
  4. Moses Bruh

Moses Bruh Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    check engine oil level, check all other fluid levels. check inside the engine bay and under the car for anything off like leaking fluids