1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New here, learing about Prius,

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by offroadracer99, Jun 10, 2007.

1. offroadracer99

offroadracer99 New Member

Hey everyone, I have been on here the past few days trying to read and learn as much as possible about the Prius, what people think about them, and the little tips and tricks to driving them and owning them, and I have learned a lot already.

Just wanted to know who else has gone from more of a performance car to the Prius and what they think about the Prius and the big change.

For those who might wonder why we are looking at the Prius because my fiance's lease on her G6 is almost over and we are looking at other options, the hybrid is a good idea and a solid option. Looking forward to test driving it.

I drive a 2006 Subaru STi (sig), and I know the Prius is going to be VERY different.

Any tips or comments before we go into the dealer and before we drive it?

Thanks! :D

2. gamiller

gamiller New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(offroadracer99 @ Jun 10 2007, 05:54 AM) [snapback]459089[/snapback]</div>
    I haven't gone from a performance car to the prius , but would suggest you try the touring model I think the road "feel" might be more like what your used to.

3. mindcrime67

mindcrime67 New Member

Don't try to compare the Prius to your current cars. The Prius is a complete s**t in priorities and thought process. You need to be at the point where you are looking for a solid, reliable, roomy, gas saving car that will get you where you want to go with plenty of amentities. (if you buy the options packages.) If your still of the mind that you are going to get 50mpg but yet have the feel of a big truck or performance car then you won't find it in the Prius. You need to be ready to make a life style change and put other priorities ahead of driving a car.

I traded in my 2004 Acura TL for the Prius. My TL had 270HP, great options, great looks etc etc. So why would I give that up. Well, priorities. I was ready to have solid transportation without loosing space, bluetooth, nice stero, quality drive, and dependability. I could have bought any car in the 30K to 40K range but my priorities now are to focus on financial saving, using less gas, lower emissions, in a car that still gets me to work and back with no worries.

If you are in the same state of mind I was when I bought my Prius a week ago then go for it. If not, think about it before you do and take it for a couple of test drives. If it is for you Fiance and you can still keep your fun cars then hey as long as she is happy who cares.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(offroadracer99 @ Jun 10 2007, 05:54 AM) [snapback]459089[/snapback]</div>

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The Prius is as much fun to drive as any car I've driven, and this is coming from someone who flies airplanes and races sailboats. It's not a sports car, or a muscle car. It's unique all to itself, and before you know it you will fall under the spell of its charms. We call it the Prius Glide. It glides along without shift shock or other standard indications of speed and acceleration. The smoothness of the transmission will seduce you, and soon you find yourself relaxing and enjoying the drive, rather than worrying about passing the car in front of you. You'll like it.

Tom

5. offroadracer99

offroadracer99 New Member

Thanks for the tips guys.

We are looking forward to test driving one soon. :D