1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Here! P0A80

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by SoCalP, Jan 23, 2016.

1. SoCalP

SoCalP New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hey all,

I've been looking around in here and just joined up. My wife drives our Gen2 and yesterday I got the call... "All sorts of lights are going off"...

So I started poking around here and in various places on the web, for info. I also swung by Pep Boys and they were cool enough to scan for codes. Sadly, it came back with P0A80. But I'm not sold, entirely. And that's why I'm here. The auxillary battery seems to be having some hiccups, too... and I'm wondering if that could be the reason I'm getting this code. The Aux battery, when checking the display, shows 11.5v with the lights on and the car in the off position. Could that be it, since that is worn out could that make the difference and throw that code? How do I reset that code?

Also, I don't want to spend a lot on a new HV battery (or salvage), I'm in Los Angeles, CA, there are probably a million Prius here. My car is a 2004 and it has 165k miles on it.

Does anyone in the LA area know of a reputable shop for a salvage battery swap? And what is a reasonable price? I'm in Studio City, in the SF Valley.

Thanks in advance! And sorry for any redundant questions.

#1 SoCalP, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sounds like you need both batteries replaced. You can try charging the 12v battery up, but if it's over 5 years old, I would just replace it.

3. arescec

arescec Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    It could be that just your 12v needs replacing. Car tends to go crazy with warnings when it's low.

4. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  5. arescec

arescec Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    I once pulled the interior radio fuse while the car was on and got the check hybrid system warning on the dash for the next half an hour. So first get that 12v or at least charge it.