1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New here, prospective owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Bodgerx, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Bodgerx

Bodgerx Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi there. Just registered. Been reading the site for a few days.

Currently own a 2004 Honda Civic IMA executive. We previously had a string of Hondas, including a 2006 CR-V 2.2 diesel, which we sold to put money down on a house last year. Bought the IMA for reasons of saving money, but got into the environmental side of the car too.

My better half now wants a car where the seats fold down and has a little more power. The newer Civic IMA doesn't fit this bill, and the new Insight is out of my price range. This has brought me out of Honda's into going for a Prius within the next couple of months. Hopefully it will be a good choice. Never had a Toyota before. Looking to buy a 3 year-old Gen 2 for around £8-9K (probably from auction). Any hints on what to look in a used Gen 2 for would be good.

I was hoping to go for a Prius with the auto-park gadget (yes I know its probably pointless) - any idea how to confirm if it actually has this feature as you don't get long with the car at auction (and details are limited).

Oh yes, and any idea if the leather interior option comes with heated front seats?

Cheers.

2. Bodgerx

Bodgerx Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Any ideas on the seats?

3. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well, in the U.S. all new cars have a window sticker that details all standard and options including pricing. I have no clue how new car options/pricing are conveyed in the U.K. I'm sure you'll find all your Prius answers (and more) here at PriusChat. Welcome to the forum.

Happy Motoring,

Tom