1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Here...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Wynder, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Wynder

Wynder New Member

Greetings, folks...

I placed my order for an '06 Prius (to be delivered after 1/1/06 -- yay, tax credit) in classic silver with (at the time) the '05 package 4. My dealer was suprised to find out there was a new spec sheet with new packages and additions, but still -- no prices for the packages have yet to be found. So, a couple of questions for you folks in the know:

1) *Are* there any prices for the packages (or even speculations at this point)... I'm looking to see if the new package 4 is going to be comparable, price-wise, to the old package 4.

2) I'm glad at the addition of a rear camera, because without the navigation system it seems like just a waste of an LCD screen -- are there any neat things that folks have done with their screens?

Wynder

2. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

I think once you start driving the car, you'll realize that the energy monitor on the screen is something you watch all the time...

I use the NAV all the time on my Prius, but I rarely ever watch the map screen. Usually the energy or consumption screen most of the time!

3. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I can't attest to any of the new pricing, but I can relate to your experience with the dealer, having taken delivery of my Prius about this time last year. Basically, my local dealer didn't have any new information, brochures, etc. specific to the 2005 model, even after they started delivering the 2005s. At the time, it seemed the focus was more on meeting the soaring demand and less on the communication channel between the manufacturer and dealer. Consequently, very little was known until the car literally came off the delivery truck. The dealer didn't even know the "official" package details and actual MSRP until the car arrived with the invoice. Not that it presented any real problems, but I got the impression that Toyota had left the dealer "in the dark" on things.