1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New hood needed!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Franknbeans, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Franknbeans

Franknbeans Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey all,

So the other day i was driving on the freeway when a car in front of me shot up what looked to be a headlight that was sitting on the freeway and hit my bumper all the way up my hood and windshield. Well my bumper and hood now have large gashes out of them and the hood is down to the metal. Anyone know where i could get a new hood and bumper and what the cost wood be? My car is the pearl white color. I saw on my local dealers website that the hood is $292 but im sure to paint it will be a pretty penny. Anyone have to deal with bodywork and paint on you white prius?

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm guessing from your post that you don't want to claim this on your insurance policy?

Even if you have a $500 deductible, it's going to be much more than that to fix this out of pocket. Especially since you have blizzard pearl paint, which is a multistep paint.

3. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hood's aluminum, bet it could be fixed for 300-400$, same for the bumper but less$, had a plow go right up the hood of my car at Sugarbush some years ago, didn't find it for 2 weeks, snowy winter, finally had it fixed last summer, might be worth getting a quote for, doesn't have to be a toyota body shop just a modern one.
    Seems I remember they get 250$ ish per panel (hood, door, fender)

4. Franknbeans

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I was looking into both cash and insurance option. If it's only going to be a bit more for out of pocket then I'm just going to do that, but if over $900-$1000 I'll go insurance..

Turn off signatures in Tapatalk Tapatalk

5. Franknbeans

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What color is your car? If pearl did they match it good? I'm mostly worried about the hood, I'm not to concerned with the bumper as it isn't horrible..

6. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    How exactly did it hit your car? If it was airborne at the time, insurance can treat it as a comprehensive claim and the comp deductible is usually less than collision. If it wasn't, they'll file it as collision as they'll reason you could have avoided it if you were more careful/driving slower.

7. Franknbeans

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ended up being comprehensive so insurance is taking care of it.. Happy about that.