1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Hymotion Green CHIP in Southern Ontario

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by snookums, Feb 10, 2010.

1. snookums

snookums Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Since this hasn't yet been posted on the Hymotion website, I thought I'd let everyone know there is a new Green CHIP dealer/service centre in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).

Scarborough Toyota
    I've spoken to Pat Barnes (service manager) and they still have a couple of A123 guys in his shop doing training. So if you (like me) were weary about driving to Boston to get the newest firmware upgrade done, relax and give them a call.

2. snookums

snookums Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Howdy,

Went in there this morning to get my 105 firmware upgrade done. They had another 5 Hymotion Prii in the shop getting various service/upgrades and new installations done. I saw two cars with the hole in the bumper where the plug goes, but no plug yet.

After the upgrade was done, I was told to plug the car in for a longer-than-usual time since the pack needs to go through a complete, automatic rebalancing.

The dealership tested my 12v battery for free (I thought it was dying, I was right) and washed my car, then sent me on my way. They were very accommodating to a nosey and curious person like me, let me watch. :p