1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New idea for a seat mod

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BerkshirePrius, Jan 15, 2009.

1. BerkshirePrius

BerkshirePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I received this massaging seat cushion for Christmas, made by Sharper Image. This thing is great! It is fully programmable, from balled fist beating you through the seat, to light finger tip action. It also has heat and can dance to the music. Oh yeah! (sounds like a good date). Anyway, I want to pull the skin off my seat, pull the magic guts out of this thing, and recess it all into my seat foam for a stealth massage. Has anyone done anything like this? Any thoughts or concerns?

2. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'd be afraid I'd fall asleep while driving... or at least fellow drivers would be raising an eyebrow at the look of pleasure on my face as I'm stopped at the various lights. I love those things!

Let me know if you do that and how it turns out. :)

3. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like fun. Might just take the seat out of the car to begin with to make it easier to work on. Then try pulling the skin off the seat back. Check the depth of the foam to make sure there is enough room to fit your new massaging backrest and I'd say maybe try using a dremel or a sharp knife to chew away at the foam, experiment with different tools to see what is easiest to shape the foam with and gradually take out layers until it fits the way you want it, maybe secure it to the foam somehow to prevent it from sliding down (glue or maybe stitch it to the foam, may take some experimenting there too) and put it all back together. Don't forget to take pictures, take note of tools and techniques used and feel free to share your experience for others.