1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New III

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by JJB, Dec 31, 2010.

1. JJB

JJB New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi - I picked up my Blizzard White III w/ Solar on 12/24 (Merry Christmas!). Its a much different direction for me... traded my BMW 335i... which replaced a Jeep and a Tundra. I guess I've been slowly downsizing.

Now as a dad, I place less value on speed, handling, etc, and more on safety, and economy. Any parent can tell you, BABIES ARE EXPENSIVE!

I've been reading this board non-stop since Christmas, and have already learned a lot. Unfortunately, I've also learned about a bunch of "must-have" accessories and mods too!

So far I've put on 35% Forumula 1 ceramic tint. Next week, port installed leather seats. After that, the Nav override, and some sort of cargo mat. Then I'd better slow down for a while!

2. Tonic

Tonic New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow i tought i was the only one crazy to change my Lancer Evolution 2008 for a Prius!

enjoy the ride and congrat, i think Prius are the car of future! Bimmer are nice but a waste of money!

3. JJB

JJB New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm bracing for the comments when I return to work next week... but so far the in-laws have said, "are you nuts", and "have you lost your mind"? The reaction from my side of the family was a little better, with my sister being an environmentalist, and my parents being... well, cheapskates.:D

4. GSW

GSW PRIUS POWER

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

Carefull on the "must-have" accessories!! The OEM fog lights were too cool for me to pass up. Congrats on the Prius. I have had mine for over a year now and its been one great car....at least once I got the backup beep taken care of. :D

5. mgrant8163

mgrant8163 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I need some OEM fog lights. I got the package 4 with the solar and sunroof but no fog lights. Where did you get them? I'd also like to find out about other mods.

Why do I have a solar panel that doesn't charge up the battery?

6. JJB

JJB New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    oh yeah, I forgot about those! I'm not wild about the gray plastic plugs in the bumper, so I suppose the fogs are on my list too.

and I haven't removed the beep yet... for now its a good reminder that the car is actually running. I'll get old really fast though.

7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just a thought: we've got the factory fogs, and in the couple of months we've had the car, I've basically toggled them on and off occasionally to, firstly: make sure they work, and secondly, to see what they're doing. They do improve illumination directly in front of the car, and a bit more out to the sides, but it is not a big difference. Well, maybe more so if we actually encountered some fog, LOL.

Anyway, just thinking: since the main issue many prospective fog light purchasers express is the incomplete appearance with the blanks: maybe be there'd be a market for faux foglights, ie: decent quality replacment blanks with clear plastic "lens". ;)

8. JJB

JJB New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I was thinking of retractable machine guns, but your idea sounds much simpler, and less likely to land me in the slammer.:D