1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New in Chicago

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by BarbB, Jan 31, 2008.

1. BarbB

BarbB New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi everyone. Got mine in Chicago on December 26. Merry Christmas to me! Found this site while googling for seat covers to protect the shiny new baby from my slobbering, shedding, stinkin' chocolate lab. She trashed the old Subaru inside and out, and am hoping to avoid that this time around. P.S. Are any of you northerners having trouble with the windows freezing shut? I park in a garage overnight, but during the day at work, the car is outside. Twice now, the windows have frozen shut. This seems to occur when the temp starts out above freezing, and then drops during rain or snow to below freezing. All of the windows freeze in the up position. They don't unfreeze until I've been in the car long enough for it to get good and hot inside. Thoughts or advice? -- Barb

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hi Barb. Welcome to Priuschat!
    First things first, as long as you're Googling, Google "Prius" and "Chicago" and one of the very first hits will be the Chicago Prius Group. You can also click the link in my signature.

I can't say that I've ever had my windows freeze shut. Or at least I can't say that I worry too much about rolling down my windows when it's below freezing.

3. Clubford00

Clubford00 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Cant say ive had any trouble with mine either. But welcome to the Chicago group !:D

4. AussieOwner

AussieOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And just to prove that Chicagoland is not the only area to welcome you to PC, I will just add my welcome (from Australia).

Cannot comment on the freezing windows - we just don't get that sort of weather here, but it already has me shivering in anticipation for about 10 days time when I will be in Chicago.

5. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    My windows freeze when they get wet and then the temp drops overnight. This has happened with all my cars so I am used to it. I have rain deflectors on the front ones so I usually leave them cracked open overnight. Keeps moisture from building up inside the car. Just don't force the windows. They'll eventually thaw out.

Welcome to PC and congrats on your new Prius. You are lucky to have an active group near you. Take full advantage of their knowledge and experience. (Hi Tony & Wayne)

6. judymcfarland

judymcfarland Queen of Moral Indignation

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Don't know what's happening with the Chicago group, but the Milwaukee Hybrid Group's next meeting is Saturday 2/16. Check out their website & come on up if the distance is reasonable. We'd love to meet your new baby.