1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Interior Ebay LEDS

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by treehggr, Jul 15, 2007.

1. treehggr

treehggr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Here are a few pics of my new LED's from Ebay. I changed out the front center 3 lights, the rear dome light and both front door step lights. The lights are called Xenon White LED's. The install took about 10 mins and was extremely easy. The pictures didn't turn out all that great but at least you can get an idea of the look compared to the stock yellowish/orange color.
    [attachmentid=9750]
    [attachmentid=9751]
    [attachmentid=9752]
    [attachmentid=9753]
    [attachmentid=9755]

Attached Files:

2. orionll

orionll Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How much did it cost? Does it dim like the OEM lights? Do you think they are good bulbs? Sorry for so many questions.

3. treehggr

treehggr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I bought them from Ebay seller warden jp2002. They seem to be very well constructed and cost about 35 bucks for 7 LED's shipped from Hong Kong. And yes they dim like the factory ones.

4. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    could you add/post the sizes for the leds ?

its a cool mod and i've been thinkin' about it for a while...

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ditto. have been thinking about LED interior lights for the longest time (Darell will know lol).

wardenjp sounds familiar. Did another PCer buy off him?

6. orionll

orionll Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jul 15 2007, 10:35 PM) [snapback]479480[/snapback]</div>
    I belive so.

Darell has a list of the Prius bulbs on his site at http://evnut.com/prius_bulbs.htm . The interior ones are toward the bottom of the list.

I had found all the bulbs needed to replace all the interior lights from the seller on eBay, and it turned out to be around $50 dollars including shipping. I did not buy the lights, but I just thought I'd see how much it would cost.

How bright are thay compared to Darell's LEDs? Do they light up the entire interior? Are they as bright as the OEM lights? Are they very blue?

Orion

7. godyn

godyn New Member

Especialy the question: 'do they offer more light than the original ones?' is making me curious :)

8. treehggr

treehggr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I wish I could capture the lighting better on camera for you all. They are pretty bright, especially the front middle led. You will not have a lighting issue at all with these installed. I think they look awesome and they are more or less a very clean bright white color, not so much blue at all. I have seen Darell's LED's and I don't think these are brighter than his but for the price they're worth it. Overall I am happy I made this purchase and plan on changing out my license plate lights with replacements from the same ebayer here in the near future. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

9. godyn

godyn New Member

I can't exactly find those on ebay.
    Is it possible to give the link to the ebay item?

10. treehggr

treehggr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius