1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New ipod integration kits. Opinions?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by klagreca, Nov 23, 2010.

1. klagreca

klagreca New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi folks!
    So I have a USA SPEC unit for my iphone integration and I'm not to happy with it. I've noticed that there are two new units on the market that look pretty hot. I'm surprised no one on the board has been talking about them:

-- Dice Mediabridge w/ Bluetooth (DICE Electronics LLC - DRIVE | LIVE | ACCESSORIZE - MediaBridge)
    -- Vais SL2iC with "ipod out" feature (Video,Audio Information Solutions for Toyota and Lexus (iPod integration,XM and Sirius SAT radio integration,MP3 integration,Auxiliary input))

Anyone have comments about either or both of these units? I like the idea of bluetooth with the Dice, but if the "ipod out" works with the Prius, then the Vais would be cool too. (can't I get BOTH features in one unit??) :)

2. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    They both look good but for the same price you can get a good quality head unit instead. For me, OEM integration has to have a much lower price point to make it worthwhile. $250 and above and I'd rather have a whole new head unit.

- D

3. awesomedave

awesomedave New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    the media bridge with blue tooth looks a bit awesome how much and has anyone tried yet

4. klagreca

klagreca New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm curious too. I wonder how well it works with the iphone..

5. sktn77a

sktn77a Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I believe the Dice Media Bridge's Ipod interface is similar to the Silverline Pro (which, in turn, is similar to the USA Spec). I have the Silverline Pro in my 2005 and it works OK. I think my gripes (playlists, titles flashing) would be much less with a 2006 or later head unit.

6. Npitt

Npitt New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am also very keen to know how well it works