1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New(ish) traction battery from AutoBeYours

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by WEB211, Apr 29, 2013.

1. WEB211

WEB211 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    At 198,000+ miles the warning lights sent me to the dealer for diagnostic tests. Results came back as traction battery failure with a replacement cost of $3,200. Having previously bought some headrests when I bought my 2007 Prius used from AutoBeYours I thought I would check out their webpage and found that they will sell ($895) or install ($1095) refurbished traction batteries that they have built and tested. I went that route. I'll keep you posted on the results, but so far so good. The folks there are really nice, helpful and willing to show you around there operation. They also give a warranty for 6 months and proration for an additional 6 months, but check them out on the web for the actual details if needed. It was pretty quick too; less than 2 hours.

2. HaroldW

HaroldW Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That is a real saving. :) I think I would do the same. Good luck, H

3. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Steve at AutoBeYours is a great guy and among the most knowledgeable Prius mechanics in the country.

JeffD