1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Jersey governor quits, comes out as gay

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Sep 21, 2006.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    With his wife standing by his side, McGreevey -- a father of two -- spoke in calm tones as he described his struggle with his sexuality, "a certain sense that separated me from others." It was something that he said began as a child. My truth is that I am a gay American,

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles...as_nj_governor/

[​IMG]

Wow, He had to resign after an affair with a male security aid, It was nice for him to step out of the closet so to speak. But what a way to do it, can you imagine your hetrosexual marriage partner walking up to you and your kids and announcing "Im Gay" and the crushing blow to the family by coming out.. :eek: :mellow:

I think its great he's being honest, but I feel for his family. :(

Whats your take in the subject? :unsure:

Gay stickers and what they mean:
    http://jasewells.com/gayicons/

I know its old news but news just the same.. ;)

2. Bearcatzzz

Bearcatzzz Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Sep 21 2006, 06:42 AM) [snapback]322770[/snapback]</div>
    1 - Gay or Bi?

2 - Honest? Or just caught? I really feel sad for the family. It's traumatic to deal with a disruption in the family, but to deal with it in front of the world. I feel contempt for the gov. He should have dealt with his crap on his own. He did the adultry, it was his issue not the family's.

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Sep 21 2006, 09:42 AM) [snapback]322770[/snapback]</div>
    My take is that you need to do a little more due diligence. He was going down for coruption and neglegence charges and found it more convenient to out himself (a fact most people in NJ already knew) rather than face the music. He hid behind his homosexuality.

4. ohgreys

ohgreys New Member

I thought this all took place a few years ago. Am I confusing two different situations?

5. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This was "news" over two years ago.

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yes it was 2yrs ago, but past news is past news..

7. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Sep 21 2006, 01:19 PM) [snapback]322897[/snapback]</div>
    OK ... you confused me here, PG. :huh: :huh:

Of course, I'm easily confused. :)

8. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    In the first place, he was caught. He didn't just decide to walk out of the closet one day. He probably would have survived that though. New Jersey isn't Utah.

What got him nailed was the fact that he appointed his male lover as State Director of Homeland Security, a job for for which Brownie had more qualifications. And this after 9/11! Even the leading family in New Jersey (the Sopranos) thought that was too much! They made him an offer. He didn't refuse it.

Still feel sorry for him? (He never mentioned any of this in his "retirement" speech. The family was there for show, don't you think?)

The reason it is news again is that he just came out with a book and is on tour touting it. Self-promotion seems boundless.