1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Kid on the Block

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by chrisek, Oct 30, 2005.

1. chrisek

chrisek geek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey, just introducing myself. Been ghosting on this site for a week, and we finally purchased our Salsa Red '05 with Option #6 this evening! Long story short: wrecked a car Sunday and couldn't wait for the '06's to show up. All good.

I promise to search for answers before I post questions :D

PS. Yes we have a Mac and hit that poll a couple of days ago B)

Happy to be here.

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Welcome, and congratulations! Just walked into a dealer and scarfed one up?

Don't check old threads EVERY time before commenting or asking something. We'd never have anything to talk about except for political squabbles. :p

Er, do you have a cat?

3. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

Welcome! Sorry it took an accident to bring you around here sooner than planned. Were you waiting for the bigger tax break or just a rainy day? :)

4. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Welcome! Hope the information here makes your Prius experience even better.

5. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

I'm new too! And have already made the "classic" newbie errors about asking about "B" drive etc. Everyone is very friendly here! I'm glad you are ok from the wrecked car.

6. chrisek

chrisek geek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thank you for the hellos! It wasn't a big accident, just got rear-ended in the Forester and it just isn't worth that much (floor and roof buckled). So there you have it. This will sound silly, but the reason we were waiting for the '06 was b/c the iPod adaptor will display track titles (since it is MD compatible) whereas the '05 won't (I think?). Like I said, silly.

Two cats. :angry: Lately I've named one "24hr drop-off" because of how well behaved he is from 3-5am (sarcasm).

OK, here's a question I can't seem to find the answer to: Does the BT Tech stiffening plate overlap with the TOM's floor stiffener? Or can they be used in conjunction?

7. chrisek

chrisek geek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Oops, forgot to address one of the replies. While waiting for an adjuster to come out we picked out our favorite options and colours. Once he said it was totalled (Friday) I called Santa Cruz Toyota to see what was available and they had our #1 pick! How is that for crazy? So we got our Salsa Red #6. Of course, we went 4 deep on colours (red, black, blue, white) and 3 deep on options (6,5,4). It was just a PITA carpooling from Morgan Hill into San Jose (my job) and Cupertino (DeAnza for wife) on completely different schedules.

Working on the Carpool lane stuff, but do not know if I can do that with the temp reg and contract or if we have to wait for the real registration. Already downloaded all of the forms.

8. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    We can always use another Mac user around here! Driving a Prius is like the early years of the Mac. Welcome.

9. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Welcome chrisek,
    As a welcoming gift, I hereby give you 1,000 points! :lol:

While you are looking for the answer to your question on PriusChat (the answer is there, and it is YES), you can also look up what the points are good for.

P.S. And that dark, hulkin’, gorilla-looking thing looming in hdrygas’ avatar is a Newf’. (Just helping catch you up. :p )

10. kpauley

kpauley New Member

Similar commutes, I'm coming from Gilroy (come up through Watsonville Road and onto the freeway at Tennant) to Milpitas. Loving the gas mileage change!

With regards to the carpool stuff. You have to have FasTrak first. I faxed in the form along with a copy of my registration. 3 days after I bought the car, the dealer had completed the registration and faxed me a copy, so I used that. FasTrak took about 10 days to come, arrived on Friday. My DMV form for the stickers went out on Saturday.

I played it safe and used the actual registration since they were able to turn it quickly. You may want to check with your dealer.

Ken

11. chrisek

chrisek geek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thank you for the Fastrack/sticker replies. I will call the dealership tomorrow & Tuesday as I have Wednesday off and can go to Caltrans in SF to take care of that in one stop. If possible could hit a remote (Yuba City) DMV for the follow-up one two punch to get the stickers! We'll see how it works out.

Did anyone make it to the Prius meet in Crissy Field? Hope it was fun.

12. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    At Crissy Field today we had 7 Priuses and a Highlander, and sparkling weather. Seven PC members who had previously expressed interest didn't come. We scarfed up one poor soul (Prius owner) right out of the parking lot. :eek:

Al Forkosh of Oakland has already posted a link to a few pics he took, on a thread in "Cubs" (you have to click on "SF Bay Area" in the list, on the left side, of geographic areas across the U.S.).

Tired now; Rattiemama and/or I will post more later (the whole thing was her idea).