1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New kid on the block

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ststvn9, Mar 26, 2008.

1. ststvn9

ststvn9 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have seen a lot of discussion about toyota warranties that can be purchsaed throuhgh warranty shack or troy, but want I haven't is any postings from the people who purchased these warranties about whether their local dealers accepted them or any dealer for that matter. I posted this question in another forum, but thought it might get more attention here. I appreciate any input as I too am thinking of purchasing the warranty and don;t want to ay the 1250 that the dealer has quoted me, which does seem to be lower then some other dealers.:frusty:

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Save your money. There is no car less in need of an extended warranty than a Prius. See the April 2008 issue of Consumer Reports.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi ststvn9. Whether you buy a warranty or don't is up to you. I bought one for my 2005, which I consider prudent since the 2004s had some electronics troubles. I haven't bought an extended warranty for my 2007, but I'm not even half way to 3 years/36,000 miles when I have to make a decision.

The warranty I bought from Troy at Warranty Shack is a genuine Toyota extended warranty and will be accepted by any US Toyota dealer (excluding Hawaii, which has it's own deal with Toyota Japan). Not planning to drive to Hawaii anyway. The extended warranty was issued by Toyota Financial Services.