1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New LCD digitizer not responding to touch

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by tcross99, Jul 11, 2024.

Tags:
  1. tcross99

tcross99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My LCD stopped responding to touch though it displays everything. Went through the reset advice here (hold display button turn headlights on/off x 3, disconnect 12v battery)...nada. Bought new unit (perfect fit) same issue after above resets.

Does anyone know of any other secret button-pushes or reset procedures. BTW-when I first used the headlight trick I got a touch calibration menu (?) that still wouldn't respond. After new unit, I get a completely different menu that I can't make sense of.

Regarding the cable clips. They all have locks that you pull out using the tabs at the end of the clip. Angle picker worked well for me. However, the main cable to the motherboard as a silver flip up clip which is a bit unusual as it is short and difficult to get to - use the picker.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The digitizer is the plastic film that fits over the screen that responds to your touch correct? So you replaced just the digitizer the plastic piece that goes over your I think Toshiba screen or whoever makes it now for this model Is this correct? Or did you replace the whole behind the plastic screen assembly the sandwich the three pieces of metal the screen with the digitizer etc etc Is it the same number or series as the one you replaced? Interesting for sure.

3. tcross99

tcross99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The digitizer is the glass plate that uses capacitive resistance to locate where you've touched the screen which maps to the buttons displayed on the screen beneath the digitizer. Replaced the digitizer with the model matching the model of head unit (JBL?)

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Okay well on my model Prius it's a thin film of something so now it's glass regardless it's got wires going to a board or a board going connection to the digitizer maybe it's the board and control of the digitizer that's the problem not the digitizer itself which you seem to have proven with a new part if it's good and working so it seems like whatever powers or makes use of the digitizer isn't doing its thing maybe?