1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Member -- 2007 Package #6 Touring

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by clarkr, Mar 6, 2008.

1. clarkr

clarkr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Good Afternoon all, I am new to this board. I have owned my Prius since August 2007. Before that I drove Chevrolet Suburbans for about 20 years. It took me awhile to get the hang of the technology, but now its second nature. My question today, and one of the reasons I joined is that here in Houston we are in a state of continuous construction. Roads are shut down for extended periods, etc. The result is my Nav system sometimes tries to send me into construction barriers. Is there a new Disc that has been released with the new maps since I got my car last August? Thanks. I'm looking forward to reading the posts from other Prius owners on your experiences.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi clarkr, welcome to PriusChat!

Toyota updates the Nav DVD about every year, usually in September or October. You should be able to call your dealer and find out what the latest version is and compare it to the one you have. Search on here for "nav dvd" using the Google search and you'll find several threads on how to unload your DVD to check its version number.

The Nav system is made by Denso who gets all their information (mapping data, POI names, phone numbers, etc.) from a variety of sources. Then it takes a while to integrate all the data. The upshot is that a new disk has data from at least two years ago, so new construction won't be on it, and many of the POIs will be out of business.

Good luck!