1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Member Already Have A Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by sumrzz, Feb 9, 2008.

1. sumrzz

sumrzz New Member

Hello Priusites!
    Love my Prius since special ordering it from Toyota last year.
    We're at around 7K miles now. Have many of you had great success with the upgrade hacks?

Meaning the add-on wire hack that kicks up your miles per gallon a bit buy starting the engine at 34mph?

and what about the LockPick3?

I'm sure this has already been addressed in the forum some where but wanted to see if there is anyone who has recently hooked theirs up?

I just ordered the EV Stealth deal

2. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome to the forum. Looks like you are really putting in some serious miles on the Prius. According to some long time owners of the Prius, mpg will increase the more your drive it past the break-in perios...I've seen my mpg improve on every tank of gas. Right now I am averaging at 49 mpg in winter. ;)

Keep us posted on your mods. Regards. :cool:

3. sumrzz

sumrzz New Member

Thanks N3
    Wow...49mpg that is really good. My average right now is 44 but it has been better at 47 about two months ago. I'll get a pic uploaded tomorrow. I think the thing that I've enjoyed most about my Prius is the questions I've been asked since I purchased mine last year. I really enjoy bragging about it. What's really funny is that most people around here drive the big SUV'S & Trucks. and they ask me (some in a sarcastic way) so do you like your little hybrid? I tell them, it's the best vehicle I've ever known at 44 mpg. Of course their mouth always drops, as their standing next to thier gas guzzler....lololo