1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Member - Am I Getting a Good Price?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by etawful, Jul 10, 2007.

1. etawful

etawful New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I haven't committed myself to buying the car yet, but I've got a deal where I can get close to what I want for my trade (an '05 Honda Element EX AWD) and what appears to be a good price on an '07 Prius in Magnetic Gray w/Pkg. 4

The trade they're offering is $16,000 (very close to Edmunds quote of $16,124).

The price on the Prius is $24,300 (before tax & license).

So, I'm just wondering what the experts here think of the price.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. noelty

noelty Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(etawful @ Jul 10 2007, 06:55 AM) [snapback]476066[/snapback]</div>
    I think that is about $1,000 over dealer invoice...I am not sure how the market is in your area, but here in L.A. it is not hard to get a deal right around invoice.

3. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    It's always a balancing act when you trade in another car. Either they will give you a better price on the new vehicle or they will give you more money for the trade-in and not give you such a great deal on the new car.

4. priussoris

priussoris New Member

It doesn't sound too bad, prices here have started to increase but then so has gas prices.
    So, if you can afford it and happy with it that's all that matters.

Go for it, it will save on fuel cost, at least it does for us about 300.00 a month savings!!!!! :)