1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New member and I just bought a 2007 Prius!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jaibyrd, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Jaibyrd

Jaibyrd New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Greetings all,

I just recently got my brand-new 2007 Prius (Touring with Package #3) and I am so happy! I have been researching and researching this move for a year now ever since my old '99 Ford Contour tried to spit it's engine out at me. Being a high school science teacher and a dirt-worshiping tree-hugger I just knew this was the car for me. I am just amazed at the amount of things this car can do as I just figured out how to route my cell through it and call people with my car! I am just so excited (can you tell?)!

Here's some pics:

http://jaibyrd.xepher.net/WZ/Misc/2007Prius/PriusFront.jpg
    http://jaibyrd.xepher.net/WZ/Misc/2007Prius/PriusFront2.jpg
    http://jaibyrd.xepher.net/WZ/Misc/2007Prius/PriusDrSide.jpg
    http://jaibyrd.xepher.net/WZ/Misc/2007Prius/PriusPasSide.jpg
    http://jaibyrd.xepher.net/WZ/Misc/2007Prius/PriusBack.jpg

Anyway, I stumbled on this site when I was looking for a steering wheel cover that fit it's steering wheel. The issue is, I don't want a leather one, I like fuzzy or nubby ones. Any suggestions?

2. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    you have stumbled upon a great site. Congrats and welcome to PC! :)

3. gmlawrence

gmlawrence New Member

Welcome. You should do a search for the Magnetic Gray Club and post there too :)

I love my Mag gray car. I finally named it Maggie :)

I hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours.... The way we had to get our Maggie was sad due to a Mazda 2004 Miata not being able to be fixed by the dealership so we gave up but it has been the best thing ever.

4. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jaibyrd @ Aug 8 2007, 10:12 AM) [snapback]492337[/snapback]</div>
    Hi and congrats on your purchase. Yes this is a very useful web-site. My suggestion is to initially drive the car like any other car then one by one appply the techniques learned from here. That way you know what impact each makes.

Good luck and enjoy! :)

5. Jaibyrd

Jaibyrd New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gmlawrence @ Aug 8 2007, 10:25 AM) [snapback]492352[/snapback]</div>

Thanks gmlawrence! I did post in the club and even made a little club image for you all! :D What a great name for your car! I named mine "Anubis". B)

6. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    hey welcome to PC! Great looking car you've got there!! (great color choice!!)

7. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Another genius and wise individual joins our midst. Welcome. Don't have a source for the fuzzy wheel cover but might find a black bear up here who would volunteer a little of his/her excess winter coat. :D
    Gary

8. telstar

telstar New Member

Congratulations! Just got my 07 mag gray yesterday, so I know the feeling you're talking about :D Hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm just starting to enjoy mine

9. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jaibyrd @ Aug 8 2007, 10:12 AM) [snapback]492337[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome. Now you need to protect the paint with a 3M or Venture Shield clear bra and get something on the top of the back bumper. The primer is white so the scratches really show.

10. Sonny Jim

Sonny Jim New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Congrats and welcome to PriusChat! :D I am a new member here myself, even though I have been lurking since March 2005, when I began shopping for my 2005 Prius. I traded and bought a new 2007 Driftwood (same color as my 2005 :p ) package #6 on the same day you bought yours, so I am a proud and happy new owner as well :)

11. JunsGrayPria

JunsGrayPria New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations... I have the exact same car... Mag Gray Touring... it's one day old! How many miles do you have and has your mpg steadily been going up? Funny... I'm a science teacher also (middle school), and I sort of felt bad teaching about the environment when I drove a Highlander... now it's a Prius... much better for Planet Earth... what state do you teach in?

Nice graphic for the Mag Gray Club!!!

12. Jaibyrd

Jaibyrd New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JunsGrayPria @ Aug 11 2007, 11:39 PM) [snapback]494202[/snapback]</div>
    I've got about 150 miles on it now as I drove it up to my parent's, which is three hours away from where I live.

I teach in western North Carolina, Henderson County. You can visit my teaching website at www.royalteacher.com if you'd like. ;)

Feel free to use it in your own siggy if you'd like! :D

13. rhollis

rhollis New Member

My wife's Lexus was recently totaled in an accident. I was trying to talk her into a Prius, but she wanted another Lexus. So after we bought her Lexus on Saturday I told her I wanted to trade in my 4runner for a Prius, but only if I could get the exact model I have searching for and unable to find. On the way to the local Toyota dealer on Sunday I told her that the only way I would buy a car that day is if I could find a Touring model with Package 6 in Silver Pine Mica.

We stepped into the sales office and asked if they had any touring models with package 6. The response, "yes, actually we have only one and it is so new that it still has the plastic on the seats". Color... Silver Pine Mica!

It is now sitting in my driveway next to her Lexus and we are both thrilled! 8^)

14. Malarkey

Malarkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cali_Touring_007 @ Aug 13 2007, 11:01 PM) [snapback]495172[/snapback]</div>
    Hahaha, nice! Welcome to the forum & Prius ownership.