1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New member from Upstate NY

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by PriusC4me, Oct 26, 2014.

1. PriusC4me

PriusC4me Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hello all, just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. I am new to the Prius C family but not to hybrid cars as I also owned a 2011 Honda Insight which I ended up trading in on a Toyota Camry because I just did not care for it. My wife had been driving the Camry to work about 60 miles a day round trip, and complained she was "only" getting 30-32 MPG so we decided to check out the Prius. After driving both the lift back and C back to back we decided to get the Prius C for a few different reasons. One was the size, as there is normally only one or two people (and a dog) in the car at most. And second was the cost which ended up being about 5000 dollars cheaper to buy. Had the car a week so far and got 42.2 MPG measured at the pump on the first tank which was the dealer fill. Drove the car yesterday for about 100 miles and showed an average of 61 MPG on the gauge which I an sure must be off some what. So far very happy with how the car drives and the mileage. Been reading everything I can on this site about the C and find there is lot's of great information here. By the way my car is the Prius C 2, and the color is Summer Rain which the wife loves!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! all the best.(y)

3. PriusC4me

PriusC4me Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Thank you! I see you own a Plug in Prius, what do you think of it? We were thinking about that car as well but my dealer did not have any in stock.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's been fabulous. my 3rd prius and favorite. but my commute is perfect for it, 7-8 miles each way and a lot of local driving in between. i'm currently at 16,500 miles ev and 8,000 miles hv.

5. PriusC4me

PriusC4me Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Wow nice. We may have went that route had the dealer had one in stock to drive, as the way I figured it with the 0 percent for 60 months, the 1000 dollar rebate and the tax credit the car would cost about the same (or close) to the lift back. We could plug in at home only not at work so not sure how much we would save. I did like the idea of the Plug in coming with heated seats as it gets pretty cold here in Upstate NY.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes the seats are nice, i don't have to use the engine for heat on short trips in the winter because of them. you can get aftermarket seat heaters for the c no doubt. when you're ready for a new car, the next gen pip will be out!

7. NuttyKat

NuttyKat Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Cool! Summer rain won me over too, plus I wanted visibility . Enjoy your new C!

8. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ...welcome, so no longer Fonda Honda ...