1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New member here!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by AlexanderAF, May 8, 2008.

1. AlexanderAF

AlexanderAF New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hey guys

I was doing some research on the Toyota Prius and came across this helpful forum, so I decided to join! A little about myself, I'm an officer/engineer in the Air Force. Although I'm currently in Dayton, Ohio I'll be stationed in Los Angeles next spring.

Gas price inflation is ridiculous, and I don't ever think we'll see reasonable prices again :frown: However, perhaps we use too much oil and need to get over our addiction. I bought a 2006 Pontiac GTO 2 years ago, and I am throwing so much money away on fillups! I would like to see what Toyota has to offer for the Prius for the CR 2010 model. They do seem like clever cars, and I like high-tech stuff :D

2. pewd

pewd Clarinet Dude

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    welcome to the forum.

and, thank you for serving your country!

3. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome to PriusChat and the world of the Prius!

Please take the time to read through the Stickys in this forum and the others. Also, take the time to follow links in the various threads to places of wonder. It is amazing what some people will do to get answers to the most mundane and inane questions. Further, some of the members here are absolute geniuses and are very willing to share their hard-won knowledge.

For one, I'll say the Prius is the best production car ever made. You can't beat the mileage, of course (the Insight is not available). You also can't beat the appointments in a car of the price in the U.S. If you like "techie" you'll love the Prius.

To get a real experience in the car, rent it for a weekend. Most major rental car companies have them available. You'll be getting the base model, so you miss out on some of the fancier stuff (that I like), but you'll get to experience the essence of the vehicle. Then, go to a dealership and get a test drive. It will be hard to walk away!

4. Aviator_Guy

Aviator_Guy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Welcome to this Forum. I joined after purchasing a Prius and it’s very informative. I work in the Telecommunications field and was drawn to the Prius for its efficiency and engineering. My wife and I thoroughly enjoy the new car. I also own a FJ cruiser and the Prius gets about 3 times better fuel economy. I just wonder when Toyota will transfer Hybrid technology into a small 4X4… I live in Los Angeles and it’s really a great place to live once you get over the cost of living and traffic. :cool::cool: