1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Member Intro

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by MaulWalker, Jun 11, 2007.

1. MaulWalker

MaulWalker New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hello all.

I just joined the site. I purchased a 2007 Prius in late February - classic silver with package #2.

I had very specific requirements for a new car - greener than the Accord, smaller than the Accord, and could haul my hobby-related stuff. (I research/recreate/and wear costumes from books, movies, TV shows, album covers, history etc. Conventions mean I need to transport three - twelve costumes and associated props. The Wicked Witch of the West's broom is six feet long - so yes, one of my cars is a broom!) I test drove the Prius, Corolla, Civic, and Civic Hybrid. The Prius topped all of them.

The Prius replaces my 17 year old Honda Accord (177K miles) who had gotten to the point that I wasn't willing to drive it further than I was willing to walk home. I've kept the Honda to use as a "truck" as Home Depot is only a mile away. I can haul 12 ft long lumber in the Accord, and I sure don't want to get pine straw mulch all over the interior of the Prius.

I love this car! All my geek/nerd friends are jealous. I've learned somethings on my own, and picked up some other useful information from this site. Like pulse and glide and bumping up the air pressure in the tires. (Now I understand why my salesperson kept bringing up tire pressure - as in "Toyota has designed this car to run 38/35. Don't go any higher.") Right now, I am working on a 58 mpg tank. Have I said I love this car?

2. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    w00t! Congrats! And welcome to the crypt...

Do you do your hobby for love or money? Or both?

You can cut the top off the Accord and use it as a planter...

3. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Congratulations and welcome! WARNING Priuschat is very addictive.

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MaulWalker @ Jun 11 2007, 04:43 PM) [snapback]459736[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to the site. Do you have the bumper sticker "My other car is a broom"?

5. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MaulWalker @ Jun 11 2007, 03:43 PM) [snapback]459736[/snapback]</div>
    Beauty, mate. Welcome to PC.

6. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, MaulWalker! I bought a canvas drop cloth cloth at HD and hauled mulch with no problem. It IS a wonderful car!

7. MaulWalker

MaulWalker New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks for the welcomes.

Jack Kelly - the hobby is strictly for love, although I've done a few small commissions for friends.

PA - I can see PriusChat can be addictive, but I've had lots of practice with replica prop and costume boards.

And Jim N, no bumper stickers. I've never put one on any of my cars. And with the Prius, that little bit of vinyl applied to the bumper may even decrease my milege by 0.000002.

8. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MaulWalker @ Jun 11 2007, 05:43 PM) [snapback]459736[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to PC. As for your hobby, how about some pictures. I, for one, would like to see the Wicked Witch of the West.

Tom

9. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! Hope you can keep the Prius for 17 years as well.

10. MaulWalker

MaulWalker New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius