1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Member of the Family

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Prius Ron, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Prius Ron

Prius Ron New Member

After 2 months of waiting, my black package #7 finally arrived! It's so great to finally join the family of other Prius owners. The car is as spectacular as I knew it would be and the '06 screen resolultion is a huge improvement over prior years.

I've driven 100 miles and have noticed that the battery never charges to 100% and the bars haven't moved except for a single time. Was wondering if anybody else has experienced the same thing with an '06. With the '05 I rented, the battery levels moved fairly often.

Ron

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    congrats on the new car!!!

i'm a little partial to black myself B)

you probably won't be seeing many green bars- i only see them when it's cold and i've got the heater running.

have fun and don't worry too much- go show that baby off to your friends and family! :D

3. Zacher

Zacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Depends on where you drive most. I see completely full green charge every time I leave the house and head down the hills to the valley. On the flats, though, no, the battery SOC won't likely move much if at all.

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Have you had many opportunities to drive in "stealth mode", i.e., use battery-only power?

I hit green battery capacity---but still short of completely full---frequently. I picked up on a suggestion by V8CobraKid and have been doing a lot more light braking (enough to show arrows to the battery, but not enough to slow the car much). It seems to make a difference.

w00t! Congrats on your car!