1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New member of the Prius C family

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by trojanrabbit, Aug 11, 2017.

1. trojanrabbit

trojanrabbit New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hi all

Bought a new 2016 Prius C TWO about 3 weeks ago and love it. It replaced a 2002 Honda Accord EX which at 320K miles plus was starting to rust out around me. Still was getting nearly 40mpg highway on the 4 cyl 5 speed manual. For my 30 mile commute I'm getting high 50's going in with no traffic and mid 60's - low 70's going home running 50% EV. At least that's what the gauge says, haven't done enough fillups to determine how accurate that is.

One perk is getting a parking spot in the garage under the building where I work, so I don't have to worry about getting in a burning hot car or sweeping off snow in the winter. Getting the spot was the first order of business :)

Second order of business was to send in my Scangauge II in for a firmware update so I can use the extra X-gauge options.

bisco and skayaks like this.
  2. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    The C has excellent mileage but not THAT good. You can't get something for nothing and you will "pay" for that 50% EV later as the battery is recharged. 50% EV only really happens over very short distances.

The onboard display is always on the high side.......but mid to high 50's might be achievable.

3. trojanrabbit

trojanrabbit New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I think I probably "pay for it" in the morning as the battery is below half charge and it takes a bit to bring it up.

The first half of the home commute is expressway, then due to traffic my GPS sends me on secondary roads. Speed limits almost always around 30mph and fairly level. As opposed to the commute in where a good deal of it is expressway.

My first fillup suggests that the display is about 5% too high. As I only need to fill up once a week (and even then I'm only one bar below half) it may take a while to get a handle on how accurate it is.

4. skayaks

skayaks Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Sam S. seemed skeptical of your MPG, but my Fuelly signature will attest that MPG and %EV numbers like yours can be achieved in a C even in eastern Mass.
    (Though my highest MPG is returned on 200 mile round trips to western Mass. Admittedly I'm doing those trips on secondary roads with lots of Pulse & Glide, but every weekend I'm over 60% EV, with summer-time bests of 70% EV)

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome, all the best!(y)