1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New member of the v5 owner's society!

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Kensterfly, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Kensterfly

Kensterfly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We picked up my bride's v5 this morning. What a beauty. Our sales guy did a search in Texas to find one like we wanted with Blizzard Pearl and Misty Gray. (my bride called an audible at the last minute and switched from Bisque.-good call!) It has pretty much everything on it. Non ATP and does not have that special security thing (didn't want it anyway) but has the carpet mats, tint, vin etching, P2 Sealant package, and mud flaps. Body side molding on order and will be installed next week. We could have done without the P2 package but it only cost us $100. The vin etching should save us on our insurance. All add on options were given at dealer cost so we drove it away at just cents over $30k +TTL. I'm going to order and install the rear bumper protector myself.
    We haven't financed a car in a couple of decades but the zero percent for three years was too good to pass up. I did have them reprogram the back up beep before we picked it up.
    #think-we're-gonna-love-it!

Thanks to all of you for your tips and advise over the past couple of weeks while I did research.
    One question.... It came with Toyo tires. Any comments?

Cheers!

Ken

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y) i've heard good things about toyo's, especially for standard issue.

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome to the club! I would run the tires until they are worn then get Michelins (unless you can get a good price for the Toyos on Craigslist).

4. Kensterfly

Kensterfly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    RJ, we're definitely Michelin fans (or its cousin, BFG, which I run on my F150s) so when the time comes we'll move to that. I've been reading good reviews on the Toyos. Hope they'll work for us.

5. Guill

Guill Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Congrats on the purchase of your v5! We've had our v5 going on 2 years now and it's been a great vehicle. We've got over 13K miles on the Toyos and they seem to be wearing well. They're a good tire, however we'll switch to Michelins when the Toyos wear out.