1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Member on Board - Schmullis

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Schmullis, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Schmullis

Schmullis New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all. New to the Prius world.

Just bought a 2004 from a neighbor. Cream puff; garaged since new, the previous (1st) owner kept every service receipt. 83K miles. That was very cool. :rockon: They maintained it by the book at a Toyota dealer and probably did some unnecessary maintenance (e.g. cleaning of fuel injection system at 46K), but I'm glad they did. I bought this for my wife, who's more "green" than me at this point, but I'm coming around! Need to raise my level of consciousness at least to the level of the planet.

I kind-of splurged :eek: on getting some accessories for the car, but they make it even nicer. They are:
    • Rear bumper protector (black)
    • OEM mudguards
    • Chasis stiffening plate
    • Black license plate frames with acrylic covers
    • Michelin HydroEdge with GreenX tires (4 + alignment - inflated to 44f/42r psi)
    • Coastal bluetooth / nav jumpers to unlock all features while in motion
    • Weathertech Prius specific floor mats
    • PIAA super silicone wipers.
    • Mobil1 (their new 15K version) with only Toyota brand oil filters with their patented "cold start bypass valve". That will keep her running for a few hundred K miles longer.
    I need to look into a Nav DVD upgrade (version 8.1?), since the current one is 5 years old. BTW, I've found a great place to get Toyota brand parts from the dealership in Burnsville, MN. Huge discounts from list (which my local dealer only sells at!)

Yep, that's about it, should be a sweet ride. :cool:

I may do the Coastal XM radio upgrade after I pay for all the "stuff" I just got for it.

Anything I missed? :confused: