1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Member, Same as the Old Member

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Alt Tab, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Alt Tab

Alt Tab "Don't Panic."

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Actually, that's not true. At least, I hope not. I like to think of myself as an individual, and I find song lyrics hard to resist sometimes. Apologies in advance for that. Besides which, I actually am a new member.

Anyway, I just recently went from this:

[​IMG]

(That's a very undriveable 2001 Toyota Celica) To this:

[​IMG]

(A very beautiful Magnetic Gray Prius, which I picked up last Saturday.) After an accident on 270, which loops around St. Louis. As you can see (maybe) my license plate is Alt Tab, like my user name. You might hazard a guess that I'm semi-geeky, and you'd be right. I'm I.T. all the way, baby. And I'm glad to be here.

Thanks for being such a wonderful resource, and for making the decision to buy a Prius an easy one.

EDIT: Oh, and why not... here's one that I just think looks cool.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Steamboatsig

Steamboatsig Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Nicely played. I wanted the magnetic grey, but ended up with silver. Wow, you are so geeky that you have vending machines in your garage!!!

Welcome. And good job posting pics. With such an intelligent crowd, getting people to post pics is like pulling teeth.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I suppose <Ctrl><Alt><Backspace> wouldn't fit on a plate.

Tom

4. Clubford00

Clubford00 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You cant be that "Geeky" quoting The Who and all. See i got it. welcome!

5. blazer_5154

blazer_5154 Heh, you said "member"

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats on the Prius, I also used to have a Celica, but I traded mine in. BTW I also got a Magnetic Gray. Welcome to the club.

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i wanted to get ctrl-alt-del custom plate for my Zenn with a sticker pointing to a gas pump.... but too many letters. can only have max of 7...

bummer....

welcome to Priuschat!!

7. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm thinking you could have still driven the Celica if you just pulled the hood off. You were looking for an excuse to get a Prius, weren't you? :D

8. Alt Tab

Alt Tab "Don't Panic."

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks all. A few notes though, I wish that was my garage. That photo was at the dealer (though I suspect you're kidding.) I'm glad to post pics, I've taken quite a few non-camera phone photos as well, but I left the camera at my parents house. I'll have to drive back over sometime to pick those up.

As far as the accident, line of traffic slammed on the breaks, I had a momentary distraction at that same instant, and ended up stopping just a few feet further than I should have (which coincided with the space that a Toyota Camry was occupying).

The license plate, Alt Tab was for the way I think of changing lanes. I don't know why, but I always imagine an overhead view of myself popping instantaneously from one lane to the other. Somehow that became Alt Tab in my head. Who knows?

Magnetic Gray is, by far, my favorite color on the Prius. Nice to join that club.

And finally, Dogfriend (is that like elf-friend?), see those liquids on the ground beneath Tom (Celica)? Those are usually inside the car, which Toyota recommends. I couldn't even get the key out of the ignition.

...but you totally caught me. I couldn't have planned a better excuse to finally buy a Prius. ;)

Thanks guys, I feel sufficiently welcomed!

9. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

Yeah, but that's just a recommendation. :D

10. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice upgrade!